Vispi T. Patel & Associates, Chartered Accountants, founded by Vispi T. Patel in 2009 is a boutique tax firm specialising in direct tax, especially, transfer pricing, international tax, litigation and exchange control regulation matters.
The driving force of the firm is innovation and the zeal to excel in professional practice. The firm's founding ethics are the principles of integrity, sincerity and loyalty. Firm consists of a team of professionally qualified and experienced persons who are committed to add value and optimize the benefits accruing to the clients.
The firm was rated by International Tax Review as one of the Best Newcomer Tax Firm in Asia. Vispi was nominated as India's leading Transfer Pricing and Tax Consultant by International Tax Review - World Tax and by Euromoney Legal Media Group. The firm has also been selected as the "Transfer Pricing Advisory Firm of the Year in India" by Corporate INTL Global Awards 2014, UK.
Brief Overview of Services Offered / Areas of Expertise of firm:
Transfer Pricing (TP)
- Assisting business organizations to attain value potential as per the management vision
- Mitigating TP risk by attributing correct profit to the economic substance of a transaction
- An end-to-end analysis of the entire value chain and correct demonstration of the actual conduct of business to tax authorities
- Assisting in formulating & evaluating the global transfer pricing policy
- Mitigating transfer pricing and permanent establishment risk
- Evaluation of value addition to be made by each group entity and ascribing income to such entities
- Representing before the Income-tax Appellate Tribunal for various income-tax related matters
- Assisting the clients in preparation and representation for stay of demand matters
- Representing clients before revenue authorities, appellate authorities and Dispute Resolution Panel
- Assistance in drafting of Appeal Memo, e-filing of appeal, preparation of submissions, preparation of paperbook, etc.
- Evolving a defence strategy to depict the true substance of the transaction
- Briefing Senior Counsels for the matters at High Court and Supreme Court
Corporate Tax Advisory
- Domestic tax planning for various business alternatives
- Tax Due Diligence
o Due Diligence of the proposed transactions
- Business Restructuring / Inbound and Outbound Operations
- Exit planning
- Understanding the link between Transfer Pricing and Permanent Establishment
- Economic profiling the multinational entity
- Setting the transfer price for the transactions
- Linking core business strategy with the conduct and functionality of the transactions
- Monitoring the pricing policy with the various risk factors like, economic, finance, political, etc.