Anand and Anand is a full-service IP law firm, providing end-to-end legal solutions covering all cross-sections of Intellectual Property and allied areas. The firm is professionally managed by a Partnership board comprising 23 Partners and 4 Directors, supported by a management team comprising a CEO, CFO and CIO. The firm currently employs over 300 people, including over 100 qualified attorneys / engineers. The firm has offices based in New Delhi, Noida, Chennai and Mumbai.
The firm's clients consist of several large multinational and Indian companies representing a broad spectrum of industries, including healthcare, electronics, consumer goods, industrial goods, automobiles, wind energy, technology, financial institutions, hospitality and entertainment. The firm has an extensive intellectual infrastructure in all aspects related to trademark registrations, copyright registrations and IP monetisation, as well as in-licensing and franchising. The firm also has an in-house anti-counterfeiting and anti-piracy team, dedicated to providing clients with proactive and robust legal protection for safeguarding their brand identities in the commercial space.
Anand and Anand is a leading firm in the IP field. Its expertise is widely acknowledged in addressing complex IP challenges of all types. It services a diverse portfolio of clients in conventional IP areas such as trademarks, patents, designs, trade secrets and confidential information, as well as in expanding areas of intellectual property such as domain names, media and entertainment law, information technology and ecommerce, technology transfer and internet and privacy laws. Anand and Anand specialises in copyright in media and entertainment law, and represents authors, musicians, software programmers, artists, designers and many others from the fraternity of copyright owners, as well as collecting societies.
The firm has multi-disciplinary practice and provides competent and personalised advice on all aspects of core conventional intellectual property laws as well nonconventional IP mandates.
We regularly deal with protection of IP and prosecution of contentious IP matters in different forums including the Courts at all levels, the Patent Offices, the Trademark Offices, the Design Office and the Intellectual Property Appellate Board, and the WIPO and National Internet Exchange of India.
We balance commercial realities with legal pragmatism and draw on our well-honed expertise and instinct in the field, coupled with a profound understanding of intellectual property management in India. The firm has a keen interest in innovation and offers creative solutions that tackle the root and not merely the symptoms of a problem.
Culturally the firm thrives on challenges, creative thinking and constant improvement of its legal knowledge and skills. The spirited character of the firm is the keystone of its growth and expansion into new areas of IP which have been embraced with ease and zest. The firm remains committed to setting standards of excellence in the field and of impeccable services to clients.
We are proud to assert that we represent over forty brands out the top hundred biggest brands in the world.
Categories of work
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Art and Antiquities
- Competition / Antitrust
- Compliance / Regulatory
- Plant Variety
- Contractual and Commercial IP
- Domain name disputes
- IT & E-commerce advisory
- Sports law
- Fashion and Luxury law
- Media and Entertainment law
- Licensing and Franchising
- Advertising law
- Criminal law
- Customs and Border Enforcement
Awards and accolades
- Managing Intellectual Property-Firm of the year 2015, 2016 and 2017 India contentious work
- Chambers Asia Pacific - Band 1 Firm (India) 2015, 2016 & 2017- Intellectual Property
- Chambers Asia Pacific - Band 1 Firm (India) 2015, 2016 & 2017 - Life Sciences
- Featured in FT 25 most Innovative Lawyers in Asia-Pacific in 2015 and 2016
- The only Asia head - quartered firm to feature in the category of "Business of Law - Technology" in 2016.
- Pravin Anand recognized as the "Most Innovative Lawyer" across Asia Pacific in 2015.
- Asia IP Profiles - Tier 1 across all IP Practices (Patents, Trademark and Copyright) – 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Asia IP Winner - Patents 2016 (7th Annual Asia IP Awards)
- India Business Law Journal - Law Firm of the Year - Intellectual Property (India) 2015 and 2016
- Legal Era Awards - Best IP Firm of the year; Intellectual Property; 2015 – 2016
- Legal Era Awards – Law Firm of the year for Innovation and Continuous Growth 2017
- IP Era – Best National IP Firm of the Year 2016
- Legal 500 Tier 1 Firm - Intellectual Property (India) 2015 and 2016
- Gold Band recommended firm - World Trademark Review 1000 (2016)
- Included in the gold band in the IAM Patent 1000 (2015) for IP Litigation and Transactions
- Asian Legal Business - Intellectual Property Rankings 2016 and 2017 Tier 1 Firm – Patents
- Asian Legal Business - Intellectual Property Rankings 2016 and 2017 Tier 1 Firm – Trademark and Copyrights
- Media Law International – Tier 1 for Media Law Practice
- Women in business Law Firm of the year – (India) 2015
- Employer of Choice - Asian Legal Business ( 2014 & 2015)
Obviousness is one of the most important tests a patent applicant has to satisfy in order to be entitled to the grant of a patent. While in a large number of countries the test of obviousness has been crystallized, India is on its way to formalizing such a test.
A patent is granted for an invention...
These are exciting times for intellectual property law in India. Over the last couple of years, intellectual property law in India has seen unprecedented activity on several fronts – substantive law, procedural law, interaction with other laws, systemic changes at the governmental level and a...