Nafisa Nihmat is an equity partner of Zhong Lun Law Firm Shanghai Office, a representative of the Sixth People’s Congress of Shanghai, Pudong New Area, a lecturer of Qingdao Lawyer College, a member of International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Professionals, and a director of Finance and Tax Law Society of Shanghai Law Society. Nafisa has extensive experience and expertise in Bankruptcy Restructuring & Liquidation, Distressed M&A, Out-of-Court Debt Restructuring and Pre-packaged Restructuring, PR for Debt Crisis and has handled many big and complex cases inducing wide influence both at home and abroad.
- “Recognized Practitioner – Restructuring/Insolvency (PRC Firms)” by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019, 2020 and 2021;
- “The A List: China’s Top 100 Lawyers” by China Business Law Journal 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020;
- “ALB China Top 15 Female Lawyers” by Asian Legal Business 2020;
- “Deals of the Year 2016” by China Business Law Journal 2016;
- “Rising Star of the Year” by IFLR1000 2021;
- Biography published in the special column of September 2017 by Asian Legal Business;
- “Top Restructuring and Insolvency Practitioner in China” by Euromoney’s Expert Guides.
- Fengli Group Bankruptcy Restructuring: Served as the leading partner advising the bankruptcy administrator, assisted in achieving debt restructuring of tens of billions CNY and was rewarded with “Deals of the year 2016” by China Business Law Journal;
- Zhoushan Haozhou Group Bankruptcy Restructuring: Served as the leader of the bankruptcy administrator, handled liability of billions CNY and was rewarded with Top 10 Typical Bankruptcy Cases of Zhejiang Province in 2019 and Top 10 Excellent Performing Cases of Bankruptcy Administrator Association of Zhejiang Province in 2019;
- Shandong Tranlin Group Bankruptcy Restructuring: Served as the leading partner advising the bankruptcy administrator, handled liability of tens of billions CNY;
- Jiangsu Akcome Industrial Group Co., Ltd Bankruptcy Restructuring: Served as the leading partner advising the investor, handled liability of more than ten billion CNY;
- Hangzhou Yuhang Financial Holdings Group Co., Ltd. Bankruptcy Restructuring: Served as the co-leader of the bankruptcy administrator, restructured liability of more than 5 billion CNY;
- ST 000034, ST 600678, ST 600757 and ST 600094: Served as a key member of the bankruptcy administrator and fulfilled debt reorganization plans involving billions CNY;
- SunEdison: Represented the largest unsecured Chinese creditor in bankruptcy proceedings in declaring their claims to SunEdison and assisting their cross-border distressed M&A of SunEdison’s assets;
- The first case in Shanghai involving refusal to recognize and enforce overseas arbitration: Represented the respondent, successfully defended the opposite side’s application for recognition and enforcement of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) Award in Shanghai.