Guy Sanschagrin, CPA/ABV, MBA is a Principal at WTP Advisors, a boutique international tax services firm. He leads the firm's transfer pricing and valuation practice. He has extensive experience providing transfer pricing, valuation, economics, and business process improvement services. Guy's expertise includes supply chain, risk assessment, transfer pricing design, cost sharing, exit charge/intangibles valuation, APAs, OECD and local country/US documentation. He also provides business valuation for M&A transactions, buy in transactions, minority shareholder disputes and tax purposes.
Recognizing an opportunity to organize and manage the transfer pricing function for companies and their global business, Guy drove the development of TransPortal, a global transfer pricing management platform. As co-founder and CEO, Guy sets the strategic direction for TransPortal, oversees on-going product development, and provides technical transfer pricing support.
Guy is an Adjunct Professor of Transfer Pricing at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and webinars and is a published author on numerous transfer pricing topics, including "Review of and Insights on the IRS Transfer Pricing Examination Process" and "Assessing Value Creation for Transfer Pricing" for Tax Notes International.
Prior to joining WTP Advisors, he spent over 12 years with the Big 4. This tenure included a three-year assignment as Ernst & Young's Belgium national transfer pricing practice leader. Early in his career, Guy was an industrial engineer performing and leading dozens of business process improvement initiatives.
Education and Certifications
- MBA in Finance and International Business, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Northeastern University
- CPA, Minnesota
- Certified as Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) by the AICPA
Civic and Professional Organizations
- AICPA, member
- Board member and past president of the Minnesota Association of Business Valuation Professionals (MABVP)
- Former Board of Directors member and Treasurer/Finance and Audit Committee Co-Chair of Global Minnesota (FKA Minnesota International Center / MIC)