Steven Tredennick is a partner in White & Case's M&A practice, based in Houston, Texas with particular expertise in transactions involving the oil & gas industry. Steven focuses on corporate finance matters, joint ventures, governance matters with respect to limited liability companies and partnerships, including the formation, merger, acquisition, dissolution or restructuring of all forms of alternative business entities and regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in merger and acquisition transactions.
Steven has a broad range of experience with mergers and acquisitions in a variety of energy related industries, including oil and gas exploration and production, oilfield services, natural gas storage and manufacturing.
Steven is also experienced in the negotiation and analysis of joint operating agreements, participation agreements, unit and unit operating agreements, joint development agreements, farmouts and other oil and gas joint venture arrangements. He has represented both acquiring and acquired interests in transaction structuring in anticipation of foreign investment/national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States ("CFIUS") under the Exon-Florio statute.
Steven is listed as a "Leading Individual" for M&A in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Steven earned his JD from the University of Virginia, MP from the University of Victoria and BA from Whittier College. He is the Past President of the Association for Corporate Growth in Houston and a member of the American Bar Association's Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions and Committee on Partnerships and Unincorporated Business.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- Jefferies, financial advisor to the Board of Directors of SemGroup Corporation, in Energy Transfer LP's approximately US$5 billion acquisition of SemGroup Corporation;
- Motiva Enterprises in connection with its acquisition of Flint Hills Resources' chemical plant in Port Arthur, Texas;
- Five Point Energy LLC and WaterBridge Resources in connection with the sale of a minority equity stake in WaterBridge Resources to affiliates of GIC;
- Delek Group in its acquisition of a 22.45% working interest in the Caesar Tonga field in the Gulf of Mexico from Shell for US$965 million, and a long-term purchase agreement with Shell Trading (US) Company for the produced oil;
- Ara Partners in its majority investment in Priority Power Management, LLC, an independent energy management services and consulting firm.
- WaterBridge Resources LLC in the acquisition of water gathering and disposal assets from Luxe Energy LLC., and in the acquisition of water gathering and disposal assets from Concho Resources Inc. as well as other matters.
- Milestone Environmental Services, LLC, an oilfield environmental services provider, in an exchange of real property and produced water disposal assets with High Roller Group.
- Triten Energy Partners, LLC in its US$150 million equity commitment by Tailwater Capital.