Gary Silverman is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions Group at White & Case, based in the Chicago office.
Gary's practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures and private equity investments.
His experience includes representing clients across numerous industries, including manufacturing, consumer products, business products and services, hotels and hospitality, life sciences, and media, entertainment and technology, among others.
Prior to joining the firm, Gary was a partner at another international law firm. Gary spent the first 18 years of his career at Kirkland & Ellis, LLP, where he helped build their private equity practice.
Gary received his BA from Brandeis University, his JD from Northwestern University, Pritzker School of Law, and MBA and MLA from The University of Chicago.
Representative matters prior to joining White & Case include the representation of:
- Jarden Corporation in its US$13 billion merger with Newell Rubbermaid, Inc.
- Guggenheim Capital Partners in its US$40 million investment in Four Springs Investment Trust, a real estate investment trust specializing in investments in single-tenant net lease real estate.
- Brentwood Associates in its acquisition, and subsequent sale, of iconic American shoemaker Allen Edmonds Corporation.
- Falconhead Capital, LLC in its acquisition of Kwik Tek, Inc., a leading designer and supplier of outdoor branded products for the recreational water sports and winter sports markets.
- Jarden Corporation in its approximately US$1.8 billion acquisition of Yankee Candle Company, the leading scented-candle maker which owns and operates more than 560 retail stores in the U.S. and Canada and sells its products in over 35,000 retail locations.
- Brentwood Associates in its partnership with Z Gallerie, a leading multichannel lifestyle retailer.
- Rotunda Capital Partners in the acquisition of IF&P Foods, a leading distributor of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other essential produce items to grocers and retailers in more than 14 Midwestern states.
- Jarden Corporation in its approximately US$1.35 billion acquisition of Waddington Group, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium disposable tableware for commercial, foodservice and retail markets.
- Atrium Holdings in the US$1.5 billion acquisition of John Q. Hammons Hotels, Inc., a leading independent developer and owner of hotel properties.
- Lambert Media Group in the acquisition of Rave Investments, which owns and manages a network of 61 movie theaters and 918 screens across the United States.