Gary Silverman is a partner in White & Case's Global M&A practice. Gary's practice focuses on M&A, joint ventures and private equity investments.
His experience includes representing clients across numerous industries, including manufacturing, consumer products, business products and services, hotels and hospitality, life sciences, and media, entertainment and technology, among others.
Gary is regularly listed as a "Leading Individual" for M&A and Private Equity in Chambers USA, Euromoney and Super Lawyers.
Gary received his BA from Brandeis University; JD from Northwestern University; and MBA and MLA from the University of Chicago.
Representative matters include:
- Investindustrial VI L.P. in the acquisition of Jacuzzi® Brands from Apollo Global Management, LLC, Ares Management Corporation, and Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
- Jam Theatricals, a leading live event production company, in the sale of its assets to Nederlander National Markets, LLC, a subsidiary of the Nederlander Organization, one of the largest operators of theatres and music venues in the United States.
- Galaxy Digital Capital Management LP, a global investment management company focused on digital assets, in numerous investments in emerging growth companies.
- Jarden Corporation, a leading consumer products company, in its:
- US$15.4 billion merger with Newell Rubbermaid, Inc. (NYSE: NWL).*
- US$1.35 billion acquisition of Waddington Group, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium disposable tableware for commercial, food service and retail markets.*
- US$1.8 billion acquisition of Yankee Candle Company, the leading scented-candle maker which owns and operates more than 560 retail stores in the U.S. and Canada and sells its products in over 35,000 retail locations.*
- US$400 million acquisition of Pure Fishing, a global provider of products for the fishing industry.*
- US$160 million acquisition of Diamond Brands, a leading manufacturer of kitchen products.*
- Atrium Holdings in the US$1.5 billion acquisition of John Q. Hammons Hotels, Inc., a leading independent developer and owner of hotel properties.*
- Starwood Capital Group in the US$24.6 billion acquisition of ITT Corporation, owner of the Sheraton Hotel chain, ITT Technical Schools and ITT World Directories, by its affiliate, Starwood Hotels & Resorts.*
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts in its US$2.1 billion sale of ITT World Directories, publisher of the European Yellow Pages, to VNU NV.*
*Matters completed prior to joining White & Case