Luke Laumann is a partner in White & Case's Global M&A practice. Luke represents domestic and international buyers and sellers in private and public domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private investments in a broad range of industries.
Luke has previously been recognized as a Rising Star in Euromoney's Expert Guide for Private Equity. He was also named to The M&A Advisor's list of "40 under 40 Emerging Leaders" for M&A.
Luke received his BA from American University of Paris, summa cum laude; and JD from University of Virginia School of Law.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- IFM Investors, in (i) its US$10.3 billion take private of Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL); and (ii) the acquisition by IFM Global Infrastructure Fund, Vitol Group, and Vitol Investment Partnership II Ltd of Buckeye Partners LP's 50% equity interest in VTTI BV in consideration of cash proceeds of US$975 million.
- Fortis Inc. (TSX: FTS), in (i) its US$11.3 billion acquisition of ITC Holdings Corp. (NYSE: ITC) and its related $1.2 billion partnership with GIC, a transaction which was named "Canada: M&A Deal of the Year" by AmLaw; (ii) its sale of ten hydroelectric facilities to Energy Ottawa; (iii) its US$4.3 billion acquisition of UNS Energy Corporation (NYSE:UNS); and (iv) its US$1.5 billion acquisition of CH Energy Group Inc. (NYSE: CHG), a transaction which was named "Energy Deal of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Partners in numerous transactions, including: (i) the pending US$2.9 billion acquisition of Cincinnati Bell (NYSE: CBB), (ii) the sale of Waste Industries, (iii) its investment in Aligned Energy Holdings, L.P., and (iv) its acquisition of BlueBird Network.
- Global Infrastructure Partners in its US$1.825 billion acquisition of Medallion Gathering & Processing, LLC.
- Quad-C Management, Inc. and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including: (i) the acquisitions of Boulder Scientific Company, AIT Worldwide, Pharm-Olam International, Rainbow Early Education, Inmark Packaging, VMG Health, Wolf Holdings Organization, Inc., C.S.U. Operations, McKissock, L.P., and Engineered Fastener Company; (ii) its merger-of-equals with WoundCo Holdings, Inc.; and (iii) its sale of Generation Brands, Rainbow Early Education and its interest in Asset Acceptance (NASDAQ: AACC).