Chang-Do Gong is the Head of White & Case's M&A group in the Americas, and is based in New York.
Chang-Do represents national and international clients on public and private M&A transactions, helping them realize their strategic and investment-related goals. His experience extends across several industries, including the technology, media and telecommunications (TMT), retail, energy and life sciences sectors.
Chang-Do is named as a "Leading Lawyer" for M&A and Private Equity in the United States by Euromoney 2018.
Selected matters that Chang-Do advised on include the representation of:
- Calpine Corporation in its US$17 billion acquisition by Energy Capital Partners, and a consortium of investors, including Access Industries and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc. in its US$14 billion acquisition of Biomet, Inc.; US$3.4 billion unsolicited acquisition of Centerpulse AG and InCentive Capital AG; and US$1.1 billion acquisition of LDR Holding Corporation.
- IFM Investors in its US$10.3 billion acquisition of Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL)
- LifePoint Health, Inc. in its US$5.6 billion merger with RCCH HealthCare Partners, which is owned by certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE: APO).
- Sony Corporation of America in its US$2.3 billion acquisition of the equity interests in DH Publishing, L.P. (the parent entity of EMI Music Publishing) held by a group of investors led by Mubadala Investment Company.
Chang-Do received his JD at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, and received his MA and BA at Yonsei University, respectively.