William Fong is a partner in White & Case's Global M&A and Private Equity practice, based in Hong Kong.
William has over 10 years of experience advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as public and private companies on domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures.
William is qualified in Hong Kong. He has a Postgraduate Certificate of Laws from the University of Hong Kong and received his Bachelor of Laws from the University of Warwick.
Recent matters include representation of:
- EQT Partners AB and its portfolio company GPA Global, a leader in premium packaging, sustainable packaging and display solutions based in China, on GPA Global's bolt-on acquisition of Hub Folding Box, a printing and packaging company in the US, for an undisclosed amount.
- Icon Group, a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs Principal Investment Area, in its acquisition of Hong Kong-based oncology clinic SunTech Medical Group.
- CAA China, a joint venture between CMC Capital and Creative Artists Agency, on its acquisition of leading Chinese sports agency Momentum Sports.
- China Media Capital in its investment in Dingdong Maicai, an online fresh fruit and vegetables ordering platform; its going private acquisition of Charm Communications Inc., a NASDAQ-listed advertising agency group in China that offers integrated advertising services with particular focus on television and the internet; and the acquisition of the equity interest held by Universal Studio in Oriental DreamWorks, resulting in a consortium led by CMC Capital becoming the sole shareholder of the company.
- Goldman Sachs in multiple investments, notably its investment in LvYue Group, an internet travel service provider; and Klook*, Asia's largest in-destination travel services booking platform.
- Keep, a mobile fitness platform in the PRC*.
*Experience prior to joining White & Case