Robert advises clients on matters relating to mergers and acquisitions. He has represented numerous national and international clients, guiding them through the different phases of significant transactions, so they can realize their strategic and investment-related ambitions. In addition to his broad M&A experience, Robert also regularly represents investment banking firms in their role as financial advisors in M&A transactions.
Robert has experience on several high-profile billion dollar transactions, including Zimmer Holdings, Inc.'s US$13.35 billion acquisition of LVB Acquisition, Inc. and Omnicare, Inc. in its US$12.7 billion sale to CVS Health Corporation. He also represented a consortium comprised of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE: GWR), His experience extends across several industry sectors including the entertainment, retail, insurance, energy, technology, healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
Robert is listed as a "Leading Individual" for M&A in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Robert received his BA from Brown University, magna cum laude, and his JD from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, cum laude.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- Brookfield Infrastructure in a consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE: GWR). This transaction was named "Private Equity Deal of the Year" by IFLR (2020).
- Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE: NEM) in its US$10 billion acquisition of Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE: GG, TSX: G).
- LifePoint Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: LPNT) in its US$5.6 billion merger with RCCH HealthCare Partners, which is owned by certain funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE: APO).
- Roark Capital Group and its portfolio company Arby's Restaurant Group, in Arby's US$2.9 billion acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWLD) and Inspire Brands, Inc., a portfolio company of Roark Capital Group, in its US$2.3 billion acquisition of Sonic Corp. (NASDAQ: SONC).
- RBC Capital Markets, LLC, financial advisor to Raytheon Company, on the US$88 billion merger of Raytheon Company and United Technologies Corp.
- SodaStream International Ltd. (NASDAQ/TLV: SODA) in its US$3.2 billion sale to PepsiCo, Inc. (NASDAQ: PEP).
- Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN) in its US$17 billion sale to Energy Capital Partners and a consortium of investors including Access Industries and Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board.