Oliver Brahmst is a senior M&A partner and White & Case's Global Co-Head of Private Equity. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, including joint ventures and equity co-investments.
Oliver has built up a significant track record in the resolution of complex domestic and cross-border transactions, having worked on some of the most innovative and exciting deals of the last ten years.
Often working across multiple jurisdictions, Oliver has advised on high-profile transactions and taken a major role in such landmark deals as the representation of CVC Capital Partners in leading a consortium in their acquisition of a controlling stake in Alvogen. Requiring the coordination of our Doha, London, Brussels and Paris offices alongside Oliver's team in New York, Oliver's recent deals also include the representation of Qatar Investment Authority and Kingdom Holding Company of Saudi Arabia in the US$2.9 billion stock-and-cash sale of FRHI, the Canada-based parent company of luxury hotel brands Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel, to AccorHotels.
Oliver is listed as a "Leading Individual" for M&A and Private Equity in Chambers, Euromoney and The Legal 500. In 2015, he was named "M&A Legal Advisor of the Year" by The M&A Advisor.
Oliver received his BA from University of Toronto; LLB from University of Ottawa (Book Reviews Editor, Ottawa Law Review); and LLM (Tax) from Osgoode Hall Law School.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- CVC Capital Partners in its US$1.425 billion acquisition of beauty and personal care products company PDC Brands from Yellow Partners Wood Partners.
- CVC Capital Partners Asia Fund IV in its acquisition of OANDA Global Corporation, a global online retail trading platform, currency data and analytics company.
- Pilot Flying J, the largest operator of travel centers in North America, and its shareholders, the Haslam Family, in the investment in a significant minority stake by Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway.
- Investcorp in its majority investment in ICR, LLC, a leading strategic communications and advisory company.
- FCX Performance, Inc., a portfolio company of Harvest Partners, in its approximately US$768 million sale to Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: AIT);
- Certares,L.P. in its investments in Guardian Alarm, Guardian Medical Monitoring, and AmaWaterways, a premium river European river cruise operator.
- Odebrecht S.A. in its US$1.39 billion sale of the 456 MW Chaglla hydroelectric power plant in Peru to a consortium headed by China Three Gorges Corp.