Oliver Brahmst is White & Case's Global Co-Head of Private Equity, based in New York. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestitures, including joint ventures and equity co-investments.
Oliver has built up a significant track record in the resolution of complex cross-border transactions, having worked on some of the most innovative and exciting deals of the last ten years.
Often working across multiple jurisdictions, Oliver has advised on high-profile transactions and taken a major role in such landmark deals as the representation of CVC Capital Partners in leading a consortium in their acquisition of a controlling stake in Alvogen, and advising Qatar Investment Authority and Kingdom Holding Company of Saudi Arabia in the US$2.9 billion sale of FRHI, the Canada-based parent company of luxury hotel brands Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel, to AccorHotels.
As a mark of the esteem in which he is held in the financial and legal community, Oliver is named as a "Leading Lawyer" for M&A and Private Equity in Chambers, Euromoney Best Lawyers and The Legal 500.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- A consortium composed of Brookfield Infrastructure, its institutional partners and GIC on the US$8.4 billion acquisition of Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (NYSE:GWR).
- CVC Capital Partners in the US$1.8 billion acquisition of ConvergeOne Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CVON).
- Brookfield Asset Management in its CAD$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc.
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in the US$1.25 billion acquisition of Veolia Group's district energy assets in the United States.
- Brookfield Asset Management as 50 percent equity investor with Digital Realty Trust in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Ascenty.
- CVC Capital Partners in its US$1.425 billion acquisition of PDC Brands.
- Brookfield Infrastructure on the proposed US$2.6 billion acquisition of Cincinnati Bell Inc. (NYSE: CBB).
- Hg Capital in its investment in Intelerad Medical Systems, a leading global provider of medical imaging software and enterprise workflow solutions.
- CVC Capital Partners, in the acquisition of Vitech Systems Group, a leading provider of cloud-based financial administration solutions.
Oliver received his LLB from the University of Ottowa in 1988, and received his Master of Law from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1994. He also attended the University of Toronto, from which he received his BA in 1985.