Marwan Azzi is a partner in White & Case's M&A group, based in New York. Marwan focuses on domestic and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions.
His experience includes representing US and international corporate clients and investment funds in mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Marwan has extensive experience in energy and infrastructure M&A and private equity investments.
Marwan was named among The M&A Advisor's 2018 "Emerging Leaders" winners, and was also named as a "Leading Lawyer" in M&A and Private Equity in the United States by Euromoney 2018.
Representative matters include the representation of:
- I Squared Capital on its:
- US$1.3 billion acquisition of IC Power's Latin American and Caribbean businesses from Kenon Holdings Ltd;
- US$1.2 billion acquisition from Duke Energy of a portfolio of hydroelectric and natural gas generation plants, transmission infrastructure and natural gas processing facilities, totaling 2,300 MW in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina;
- US$340 million acquisition of a minority stake in Kallpa SA and Samay SA, two power generation plants in Peru;
- Sale of interests in Kendall Green Energy to Veolia Energy North America;
- Strategic partnership with Twenty First Century Utilities to pursue opportunities in the utilities sector in North America; and
- Various bids to acquire infrastructure assets in the US and Latin America.
- Vale S.A. (NYSE: VALE) in its US$550 million acquisition of Ferrous Resources Limited.
- Dominus Capital, L.P. in the sale of W.F. Taylor, LLC to Meridian Adhesives Group.
- La Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in a significant private equity minority investment in Mexico.
- A portfolio company of the Blue Water Energy LLP in a joint venture with NextEra to develop, operate and market mobile and onsite gas liquefaction technology in the US market.
Marwan received his LLB from St. Joseph's University in 2002, and received his Master of Law from Boston University School of Law in 2007.