Marwan is a partner in the US private equity team in our Global Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. He advises private equity houses, infrastructure funds and other financial sponsor clients on domestic and cross-border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, co-investments and restructuring. Marwan has a particular focus on the infrastructure sector in the US and Latin America.
Marwan is a recipient of a "40 under 40 Emerging Leaders Award" by The M&A Advisor (2018).
Marwan is also listed as a "Leading Individual" for M&A in the United States by Euromoney (2020).
Marwan received his LLB from Saint Joseph University and his LLM from Boston University.
Recent matters include the representation of:
- I Squared Capital, an independent global infrastructure investment manager, in
- The acquisition of an indirect minority equity interest in Oleoducto Central, S.A. (OCENSA), operator of the largest crude oil pipeline in Colombia, from Advent International.
- A joint venture with Castle & Cooke Investments and its portfolio company Flexi-Van Leasing, whereby portfolio company American Intermodal Management combined with Flexi-Van, the third largest marine chassis provider in the U.S.
- A strategic partnership with Twenty First Century Utilities to pursue opportunities in the utilities sector in North America.
- A sale of interests in Kendall Green Energy, a cogeneration facility in Cambridge, Massachusetts, to Veolia Energy North America.
- US$1.3 billion acquisition of IC Power's Latin American and Caribbean businesses from Kenon Holdings Ltd.
- US$1.2 billion acquisition from Duke Energy of a portfolio of hydroelectric and natural gas generation plants, transmission infrastructure and natural gas processing facilities, totaling 2,300 MW in Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador and Argentina.
- Sempra Energy, a leading energy infrastructure company, in
- The US$3.59 billion sale of Peruvian businesses including its 83.6 percent stake in Luz Del Sur to China Yangtze Power International (Hongkong) Co., Limited. The transaction was named "M&A Deal of the Year" by China Business Law Journal in 2020.
- The US$2.23 billion sale of Chilean businesses, including its 100 percent stake in Chilquinta Energía S.A., to State Grid International Development Limited (SGID). The transaction was named "M&A Deal of the Year" by China Business Law Journal in 2020.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on its $500 million minority investment in Mexican pharma business Sanfer.