Rebecca is a partner at TGF that practices in the area of bankruptcy, insolvency and corporate restructuring. Her experience includes all aspects of corporate restructuring under both the Companies Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, having acted for debtors, creditors and court officers in these type of court monitored restructurings. Rebecca has acted on regional, national and cross-border restructurings across Canada and abroad.
Rebecca currently practices in Toronto, Ontario, but has previous experience practicing in Alberta. Rebecca maintains a call to the bar in both the Provinces of Ontario and Alberta.
Rebecca's representative work includes:
- Counsel to PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. in its role as the court appointed monitor of Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation and its subsidiaries, which debtors are embarking on a cross-border restructuring under the CCAA, Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and Chapter 3 of Law 1116 of 2006 in Colombia;
- Counsel to GuestLogix Inc. and its subsidiaries with respect to their restructuring under the CCAA;
- Member of the team representing the Trustees of the U.K. Pension Plan and the U.K. Pension Protection Fund in respect of the global restructuring proceedings of the Nortel Networks Group and the allocation of its global proceeds of sale;
- Counsel to the operating lender in a recent out of court restructuring and re-financing of a Canadian renewable energy company;
- Counsel to a consumer products company that successfully restructured its affairs through a proposal under the BIA;
- Counsel to two real estate development groups through their respective restructurings under the CCAA;
- Supporting counsel to an oil and gas company through their CCAA proceedings;
- Supporting counsel to the lead lender and significant shareholder through the restructuring proceedings of an oil and gas company under the CCAA and CBCA;
- Counsel to various private equity funded lenders with respect to the recovery of funds through enforcement of security as well as maintaining facilities through restructuring proceedings;
- Acted as a court appointed independent solicitor during the execution of a search warrant pursuant to s. 189 of the BIA; and
- Regularly representing lenders and other parties in Canadian and cross-border insolvency, restructuring and enforcement proceedings.
Rebecca is the founder and co-editor of the TGF Topline, a quarterly publication that keeps readers up to date on new and influential restructuring and litigation cases. Rebecca is an active member of the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, INSOL International, the Turnaround Management Association, The Advocates' Society, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association, Insolvency Section.