Fitriana Mahiddin is a supervising partner of the oil and gas practice of SSEK Legal Consultants. She is heavily involved in mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial law, foreign investment and project finance, with a focus on the oil and gas, and mining sectors.
Since joining SSEK in 1999, Fitriana has represented numerous leading offshore and local upstream oil and gas companies. Her experience includes advising oil and gas companies, assisting investors in acquiring oil and gas blocks, preparing and negotiating farm-in/farm-out agreements, joint operating agreements and gas sales contracts, as well as setting up branch offices and project companies for clients.
She is recognised by legal directories as a leading practitioner in Indonesia for energy and natural resources.
Fitriana’s recent work includes:
- Assisting Mubadala Petroleum on a retainer basis on several matters related to Mubadala Petroleum’s operations as well as the preparation of an Indonesian Regulatory Database for Mubadala’s upstream operations.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to INPEX in connection with the Masela Production Sharing Contract (PSC) and the constructions of facilities to develop the Abadi field.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to Mandala Energy in connection with the Lemang, Merangin III and Sumbagsel PSCs.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to Ophir Energy in acquiring Santos’ operating interests in the Sampang and Madura Offshore PSCs.
- Advising Chevron on the operation of the Rokan PSC and potential exposure on retirement of offshore and onshore assets on the expiration of a PSC.
- Acting for Sele Raya in relation to its upstream activities under its PSCs, namely the Merangin Dua, Belida and Blora blocks.
- Advising production sharing contractors in a number of upstream projects involving SKK Migas, including Total, ConocoPhillips and ExxonMobil.
- Advising an Austria-based multinational petrochemical company on the contemplated acquisition of a stake in an Indonesian petrochemical company involved in the development of a petrochemical complex.
- Acting as Indonesian counsel to an indirect shareholder of a holder of a nickel contract of work in Indonesia.
- Advising Allianz X, the digital investment unit of Allianz Group, on its investment in Gojek, the leading Indonesian ride-hailing platform that also offers various consumer on-demand and payment services.
Fitriana co-authored the Indonesia chapters of the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Oil & Gas Regulation 2021and the Lexology Getting the Deal Through Mining 2021 global guide.
Fitriana graduated in 1999 from the University of Indonesia Faculty of Law. She earned her Master of Laws (LL.M.) in international business law from Vrije Universiteit, the Netherlands. She is a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (Peradi), the Association of Indonesian Legal Consultants, and the International Bar Association.