Jörg Hanken is a Transfer Pricing Partner based in Munich with more than 18 years of experience in international taxation and transfer pricing. He is a member of the PwC Global TP Leadership Team. In his role as Global Transfer Pricing Technology Solutions Leader he is responsible for the development and the roll-out of software solutions in the area of transfer pricing documentation, end-to-end transfer price setting (SAP), service charging, CbC reporting and data analytics. Before Jörg Hanken joined PwC he gained experience as a tax advisor at Arthur Andersen and EY as well as a Head of Tax Central Europe for a Fortune 500 multinational.
Jörg Hanken has significant experience with the analysis, planning, implementation, documentation and defence of transfer pricing structures. He focuses on the end-to-end implementation of transfer pricing which includes the interface between tax and controlling as well as the customization and implementation of software solutions to automate price calculations, margin monitoring, segmentation of P&L’s, dashboarding and tool-based preparation of TP documentation (master files, local files, CbCR).
Recent projects are:
- Several tool-based global TP documentation projects for DAX30, MDAX and smaller multinationals
- Several CbCR projects using tools for data collection & data mapping as well as data analytics and simulation
- Many successful prove of concepts of a highly automated end-to-end TP management solution for SAP clients.
- Planning of contract manufacturing functions located in France, Germany, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, Romania, Thailand, US within the automotive and chemicals industry
- Development of a consistent TP model for construction permanent establishments for large groups including sounding and pre-filings with German and foreign tax authorities
- Development of simplified TP models for groups within the e-commerce business
- Currently, bilateral APAs regarding distribution functions (Germany with Switzerland/ USA), contract manufacturing functions (Germany with Poland/ Romania/ Czech Republic/ Hungary), co-entrepreneur profit split (Germany with Sweden)
- Currently, MAP’s regarding distribution functions (France, Switzerland, USA), contract manufacturing (Romania), manufacturing and distribution (USA)
Jörg Hanken has trained more than 600 controllers at the Controller Academy in intense 3-days transfer pricing seminars. Establishment of the ICV Working Group “Transfer Pricing Management”. Co-author of the book "Transfer Pricing - Practice Guide for Controllers and Tax Experts" (2nd edition, 2016). Regular national and international TP workshops and seminars/lectures. One of the "Leading Tax Controversy Experts" (International Tax Review).
- University of Bamberg: Diploma in business informatics, taxation and auditing
- German Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater)
- Certified Valuation Analyst