Gökçe joined Moroglu Arseven in 2009 and has ten years' experience advising clients on a full range of intellectual property issues and transactions, including trademarks, unfair competition, industrial designs, patents, copyrights and domain names. She manages the trademark portfolios of large, multi-national brands and corporations, often arranging seizure processes for counterfeit products. Gökçe has particular experience with prosecution of trademarks, patents, and designs, as well as international patent applications and licensing.
Gökçe has developed a reputation for being responsive, clear and concise. Clients appreciate Gökçe's ability to quickly and cost effectively understand the key issues, providing clear advice on Turkish requirements and legal alternatives.
She has successfully litigated numerous intellectual property matters for leading international companies, including complex trademark and industrial design infringement cases, design cancellation actions, and unfair competition matters. She also assists local investors during international patent licensing processes and related disputes.
Gökçe acts as a senior legal adviser for projects in regulated markets, such as pharmaceuticals and tobacco. Other key sectors include food and beverages, apparel and cosmetics.
Gökçe is an active member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI) and the Licensing Executives Society International (LESI).
Gökçe regularly publishes articles about intellectual property matters, particularly relating to legal issues in the pharmaceutical sector. Publications include:
- Analysis of Interpretation of Plain Packaging under Turkish Law (Journal of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, Ankara Bar Association, 2015/2)
- Online Sales of OTC Pharmaceutical Products in Turkey
- Turkish Court Accepts Right To Be Forgotten In Digital And Non-Digital Environments
- Data Exclusivity For Pharmaceutical Drugs In Turkey
- Plain Packaging For Tobacco Products Under Turkish Law
Gökçe is ranked as Up and Coming by Chambers & Partners in its 2016 rankings, for the second year in a row.
Some recent comments from Gökçe's clients include:
- "responsive and clear advice" (Chambers & Partners 2016).
- "a rising star, with growing prominence in copyright cases in particular, alongside a strong pharmaceutical IP practice" (Chambers & Partners 2015).
- "willingness to discuss the matter with the client directly on a short-term notice" (Managing IP 2015).
- "gives a lot of alternatives" (Managing IP 2015).
- "never jumps into an assumption" (Managing IP 2015).
- "very good", "responsive, clear, attentive and provide excellent service" (Managing IP 2013).
- "deep knowledge" (Legal 500 2013).
Turkey’s Social Security Institute to Take Over Named Patient Pharmaceutical Imports from Pharmacists Association in May 2017The Turkish Ministry of Health (“Ministry”) and Social Security Institute (“Institute”) announced that according to a new cost savings action plan, pharmaceuticals imported under named-patient sales will occur through the Institute, rather that the Turkish Pharmacists Association (“Association”)...