Alexander Vogel is head of the corporate & finance practice team, which includes the real estate team, of Meyerlustenberger Lachenal and a member of the management firm's committee. He joined the firm as a junior associate in 1990 and has been a partner since 2000. He graduated as lic iur HSG from the University of St. Gallen in 1990, as Dr iur in 1997 and was admitted to practise in Switzerland in 1992 and in New York in 1994. Alexander Vogel also studied at the Northwestern/Kellogg University in Chicago, where he graduated as an LLM in 1994. He practised as a foreign associate with Mayer Brown & Platt in Chicago in 1994.
With his team he advises on corporate law and M&A, real estate, corporate finance/banking and structures for real estate and complex real estate financing transactions. He is chairman or a member of the board of several Swiss companies – listed and non-listed –, including companies active in the areas of financial services, consulting, and real estate. In addition he is a public notary in the Canton of Zug, a member of the Swiss Notaries Association and a member of the board of the Swiss Association of Investment Companies (SAIC).
His various publications include:
- The Swiss Lex Koller remains in force without accentuation, Practical Law 11/2014
- The Swiss Lex Koller remains in force, Practical Law 12/2013
- Legal hurdles related to the acquisition of real estate in Switzerland by foreign investors, Zuger Steuerpraxis 2011
- A strong performer, IFLR Real Estate 2011
- Growing certainty, IFLR Real Estate 2010
- Die Kommanditgesellschaft nach KAG als Anlagevehikel für Real Estate ['The limited partnership according to the Federal Act on Collective Investment Schemes as investment vehicle for real estate']
- Entwicklungen im Recht der kollektiven Kapitalanlagen III ['Developments in the law of to collective investments'], presentation, November 6 2008
- Entwurf für ein Bundesgesetz über die kollektiven Kapitalanlagen – Auswirkungen auf Investmentgesellschaften (SICAF) [draft of a Collective Investment Schemes Act consequences for investment companies], Presentation Changes in the regulatory framework for M&A Transactions; International Law Office, July 16 2008
- Federal Act on Collective Investment Schemes, CISA, with ordinances (English, German, French); Liberalis Verlag AG, Zurich, 2007
- Construction & Real Estate Review 2015, Who's Who Legal Switzerland 2016
- The Swiss Lex Koller remains in force without accentuation, Practical Law 11/2015
- Wie weit sind Immobiliengesellschaften dem KAG und dem GwG unterstellt?, Expert Focus, August 2015
- Immobilien und immobilienbezogene Rechte als Objekte einer Vermögensübertragung, AJP/PJA, Juli 2015