An award-winning lawyer, Rahayu Ningsih Hoed has successfully negotiated land acquisitions for a number of foreign embassies, power plant developers, resort owners, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, as well as for the mining industry.
She has handled complex mass terminations of employment with 200 to 400 employees each time, related to the closure of the business or its restructuring in which she was often the clients' spokesperson in dealing with the employees and labor unions. She has also participated in direct negotiations with state-owned enterprises for securing concessions in infrastructure projects especially related to ports and electric power.
She has been recognized as one of Indonesia's top 100 lawyers, and has been consistently named as a leading and highly recommended lawyer by notable legal publications and surveys such as Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500, IFLR1000, and Asialaw Profiles, to name a few.
Yayuk, as her friends and clients call her, is an avid speaker and likes to teach and give legal and translation training to lawyers and students in a number of universities. She is also an excellent cook and has won a few cooking competitions, having gained a university diploma in the advanced study of taste, gastronomy and art of the table (HEG) from the University of Reims, Champagne- Ardenne in cooperation with Cordon Bleu Paris.
- Chambers and Partners as a Key Individual for Dispute Resolutions, and Real Estate
- Legal500 as a Leading Individual for Corporate and M&A, Employment, Projects and Energy and Real Estate
- One of Indonesia's A-list lawyers by the Asia Business Law Journal as it listed the Top 100 Lawyers in Indonesia for 2018
- Market-Leading Lawyer in 2018 by Asialaw for her practice in Corporate/M&A and Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- A Highly Regarded Lawyer in Financial and Corporate, IFLR1000 2018