Iris is a partner at Linklaters and she advises leading Chinese and international companies and financial institutions in China, Hong Kong and Singapore on major corporate and capital markets deals. She has extensive experience advising corporate and institutional clients, private equity firms and international financial institutions on their global principal and strategic investments. Iris also has specialist knowledge of advising Chinese and Hong Kong companies on their outbound investments and capital markets transactions.
From 2015 to 2018, Iris was awarded the Euromoney LMG Rising Star.
Iris has led, or been a key advisor, on many landmark deals. These include advising:
- Cheung Kong (Holdings) and Hutchison Whampoa on their US$100bn merger and reorganisation and Cheung Kong Property Holding's spin-off listing (the largest corporate restructuring in Asia in 2015)
- China Cinda Asset Management on its US$3.2bn Rule 144A preference share issuance
- China International Capital Corporation Limited (CICC) on its US$2bn Rule 144A Medium Term Note (MTN) establishment and subsequent draw-down
- the underwriters on the US$1bn listing of Orient Securities Company, a joint venture partner with Citigroup and with A-shares listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange
- the underwriters on US$3.1bn business trust IPO of Hong Kong Electric Investments ("Equity Market Deal of the Year" for 2014 by Asian Legal Business)
- China Everbright Bank on its US$3.4bn IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (the largest Hong Kong IPO for the year for 2013)
- Alibaba on its US$5.9bn capital raising to purchase its shares back from Yahoo ("Hong Kong Deal of the Year" for 2014 by Asian Legal Business)
- COFCO Land Holdings on its US$1.8bn reverse takeover of Hong Kong Parkview Group ("Real Estate Deal of the Year" for 2014 by Asian Legal Business)