Ma Feng is partner with King & Wood Mallesons specializing in banking, project finance, aircraft and equipment financing, and establishment of financial institutions.
Ma Feng has an undisputed reputation among clients, colleagues and peers as being among the best banking and finance and aviation finance lawyers in China.
Ma Feng was ranked as a “Leading Individual” by Chambers Asia Pacific Guide from 2016 to 2019;
Ma Feng was recognized as a Rising Star in the area of Banking & Finance by Euromoney in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Ma Feng was recognized as a leading Banking & Finance expert by Euromoney in 2018 and 2019.
Ma Feng was named one of the China Top 15 Rising Lawyers by Asian Legal Business (ALB) in 2017.
Ma Feng was recognized as highly recommended lawyer by Asia Pacific Legal 500 for 2018.
His high reputation has been evidenced by the large number of significant and complex transactions he advised:
- Ma Feng led the team advising the establishment of first private owned bank in Beijing, i.e., Beijing Zhongguancun Bank Co., Ltd.
- Ma Feng acted as leading counsel of China Development Bank Xiamen Branch for its offshore debt restructuring with an Indonesian incorporated coal mining company (“the Indonesian company”), and successfully assisted CDB in accomplishing satisfactory restructuring plan with all the other creditors and the Indonesian company. This is Southeast Asia’s largest debt restructuring deal of 2017 and won Finance Deal of the Year by Asia Legal Awards 2018.
- Ma Feng represented in the launch of the “2016 China Credit Trust-China Asset Leasing Shanghai Collective Trust Plan” on 28 July 2016, the first aircraft lease securitization in China with collective property right trust as its subject matter.
- Ma Feng led the team advising China Development Bank Henan Branch and Guangdong Branch on completion of their first aircraft financing project involving Russian lessees in 2017 and 2018.
- As Leading counsel, Ma Feng represented China Development Bank in its financing to China Three Gorges Company for bidding of 30 years Concession Rights of UHE Jupia and IIha Solteira water power station in Brasil. The total facility amount is US$ 24 billion.
- Ma Feng represented CDB in its granting US$1.742 billion loan facility to a Namibia company to finance a uranium mining project located in Namibia.
- Ma Feng represented the Bridge Administration Bureau in its borrowing of a syndicated loan more than RMB 20 billion for Hongkong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge construction project.