an environmental and toxic tort practice that encompasses both litigation and counseling in environmental, toxic tort and energy law. She handles a wide range of litigation cases before French administrative, civil and criminal courts in the fields of environment, product liability and toxic tort. Ms. Herschtel is also assisting her clients in the implementation of European and French environmental and product safety regulations. Her expertise encompasses legal assistance in the management of private and public infrastructure projects as well as remediation and requalification of industrial sites. She also regularly participates in M&A operations and environmental audits.
Ms. Herschtel's key areas of activity are:
- Handling litigation cases before administrative (permit defenses, appeals, etc.), civil (clean-up costs recovery, toxic tort and nuisance cases, product liability, etc.), and criminal (water pollution, infringement of environmental regulations, waste, etc.) courts as well as before the European Court of Justice (greenhouse gas allowances).
- Assisting her clients in the implementation of domestic and European environmental regulations ranking from the regulations applicable to classified facilities, waste or mines and quarries to very specific regulations concerning, for example, the emissions trading scheme (greenhouse gas) or chemicals (REACH, CLP, RoHS, biocides, nanomaterial).
- Advising her clients in industrial activity closing down, clean-up of contaminated sites and brownfields redevelopment, including the management of potential health risks on local residents and of environmental threats to water, air and the biodiversity.
- Assisting companies in industrial or infrastructure projects, from their conception (audit of applications for permits, obtaining permits and contractual elaboration) to their realization (compliance audits, industrial risk management and regulations implementation). In connection with these projects, she assists her clients in their relationship with the French authorities, local communities as well as with consulting firms.
- Participating in M&A and real estate operations (environmental warranties and audits…).
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Environmental Litigation
- Environmental Transactional
- Toxic Tort Litigation