Dang The Duc is the founder and managing partner of Indochine Counsel. With 20 years of experience in business law practice in Vietnam, Duc has extensive expertise advising foreign clients in international and cross-border transactions in such areas of practice as inward investment, corporate & commercial transactions, private equity, M&A, securities & capital market transactions, corporate restructurings, and project financing. Over the past several years, he has been involved in a number of major transactions for leading financial institutions, investment funds and multinational companies. In addition, he has substantial experience in advisory & transactional work for IPR, IT and technology related matters.
Duc has been recognized as a leading lawyer in Vietnam by various international publications such as IFLR1000, Asian Legal Business, Chambers Global, Legal 500 Asia Pacific, Asialaw Profiles, The International Who's Who Legal, The Expert Guide - The World's Leading Lawyers, and Managing Intellectual Property.
He is an active speaker for conferences and seminars both in Vietnam and abroad for such legal business topics as M&A, private equity, corporate transactions, securities and capital markets.
- Named as a Market-leading Lawyer in Corporate/M&A in Asialaw Leading Lawyer 2016 and 2017
- Selected as the Winner in Private Investment Funds Lawyer of the Year in Vietnam by Finance Monthly Law Awards 2016
- Named as an IP Star in the Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Handbook 2015 and 2016
- Named as one of the best lawyers in Corporate/M&A in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015
- Recommended lawyer for Corporate/M&A by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014
- Named as one of the world's leading telecoms & media lawyers in The International Who's Who of Telecoms & Media Lawyers 2014 and 2015
- Named as a leading lawyer in the Euromoney's Banking, finance and transactional Expert Guide – The World's Leading Lawyers 2012 - 2016
- Named as a leading M&A lawyer in Vietnam in The Guide to the World's Leading Emerging Markets Practitioners 2010 and 2011 (IFLR)
- Named in Asian Legal Business Top 100 Lawyers 2009 (ALB Hot 100)
- Leading Lawyer (Financial & Corporate), IFLR1000 (2010 edition)
- Named M&A Expert in ALM Guide to Global M&A 2008 and 2009