Wulf Gordian Hauser specialises in international commercial arbitration, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, as well as capital markets and corporate finance. He was a member of the Austrian Takeover Commission.
Wulf Gordian Hauser has over 30 years' experience in international commercial arbitration. Wulf Gordian Hauser has served as chairman of the arbitral tribunal, sole arbitrator, party appointed arbitrator or counsel for a party in approximately 100 arbitrations at the ICC, the VIAC, LCIA, the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, the UNCITRAL-rules and in other ad hoc arbitrations.
Mr Hauser wrote a number of publications on arbitration, such as
- the Commentary to Art. 36 (Awards) of the VIAC Rules in the official Commentary of VIAC to its new rules;
- the Austrian Chapter of the PLC Multi-Jurisdictional Guide on Arbitration 2012/13;
- Torpedoschutz im Fürstentum in Festschrift Gert Delle-Karth (2013);
- Brüssel I-VO Reloaded – Torpedoschutz für Schiedsverfahren? in ecolex 2013, 526 and
- Arbitration and the recast of the Brussels Regulation in PLC Arbitration Guide 2013.
Mr Hauser was the Austrian member of the ICC Court from 2012 to 2018.
Wulf Gordian Hauser started the firm of Hauser Partners in 1987. He is qualified to practice in New York (1983), Washington DC (1984), Austria (1982, with admission in 1977 as Rechtsanwaltsanwärter), Liechtenstein (1999) and as a Euro-Lawyer in the Slovak Republic (2004). He is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center (LLM international and comparative law, 1983, Fulbright scholar) and holds a Dr jur from the Law Faculty of the University of Vienna (1974).
The ICC Bulletin has published two of his decisions:
- Bulletin 2014 Supplement p. 79, ICC Case 15228 on security for costs;
- Bulletin 2013/2, p. 71, ICC Case 15282 on the FIDIC Red Book (1987)
Examples of cases handled by Wulf Gordian Hauser are:
- Counsel for claimant in a VIAC dispute including emergency measures;
- Party-appointed arbitrator in an ICC dispute concerning long-term gas contracts;
- Party-appointed arbitrator in a VIAC dispute under Austrian law concerning aircraft financing;
- Counsel for claimant in an annulment suit before Austrian courts against an ICC arbitral award under Czech law concerning a dispute arising out of a Share Purchase Agreement in the automotive industry.