Mr Guerra González has experience in legal affairs since 1966, specializing in the litigation and legal proceedings of: bankruptcy, suspension of payments and insolvency proceedings, commercial, civil, administrative & family litigations, as well as restructuring & dispute resolutions and mediation, among others.
Mr Guerra González is Chairman of the Board and founding partner of Guerra González y Asociados, SC since 1989. It is Mexico's largest litigation law firm and employs 95 members. Mr Guerra González speaks English and Spanish.
He has a Master's Degree in Comparative Law (MCL) from the Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas (1972).
He was a student of the legal faculty at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) in Mexico City from 1964 to 1968 where he obtained his law degree, and he has been admitted to practise law with the permit no. 239138 since October 13 1970.
His professional activities include:
- Teacher of the Insolvency Law Postgraduate held from March-August 2007, at the Universidad Latinoamericana, SC in Mexico City.
- Teacher of The Bankruptcy Law Course at Centro de Estudios Superiores (CUM) in Mexico City, from 2001 to 2003.
- Teacher of Civil Procedural & Clinical Procedural Law Course at Universidad
Intercontinental in Mexico City, from 1980 to 1982.
Conferences & Seminars as a lecturer:
- Platinum sponsor and lecturer of the 13th Annual Conference of the International Insolvency Institute Columbia University Law School, New York, June 2013.
- Organizer, co-sponsor and lecturer, VIII Congreso Iberoamericano de Derecho Concursal, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico City, May 2012. President Felipe Calderón Hinojosa inaugurated the congress.
- Sponsor and speaker, INSOL International Mexico City One Day Seminar, International Cross-border Insolvency and Restructuring. Mexico City, February 2010.
- Sponsor and lecturer, II Congreso Iberoamericano de Derecho Concursal Mérida Yucatán, México, November 2006.
- Lecturer, Primer Congreso Nacional de Derecho Concursal Mexico City June 2007; The Fifth and The Sixth Anniversary Conference of the International Insolvency Institute Fordham University School of Law. New York, June 2005 and June 2006; The Federal Judicial Power Court Board Aguascalientes, México, January 2004.
He is the author of Apuntes y Comentarios sobre el Derecho Concursal en México. He has also published 18 articles in the Insolvency Newsletter, legal entity of the International Law Office