- Certified Public Accountant graduated from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
- Degree in International Taxation under the ITAM-Harvard Programme.
- Degree in Business Management from the Instituto Panamericano de Alta Dirección de Empresas (IPADE).
- Graduate, Business Perspectives Programme, IMD (Lausanne, Switzerland).
Professional Activities and Publications
- Founder and first Chairman of the Transfer Pricing Comission at the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (IMCP).
- Vice-president of the International Trade Comission at the IMCP.
- Former Chairman of the International Tax Comission from the Mexico City´s Public Accountants Bar.
- Author of several articles published by the most prestigious tax and business reviews in Mexico and abroad (El Financiero, Journal of International Taxation, Business México-American Chamber México, Ejecutivos de Finanzas, Dinero Hoy, International Tax Review).
- Contributor/Author of a Chapter for the "Transfer Pricing textbook" published by the IMCP.
- Contributor/Author of a chapter for the "Introduction to International Taxation", published by the IMCP.
- Teacher on subjects as "Tax", "International Tax", and "Transfer Pricing" at several Universities, such as the Universidad Iberoamericana, ITAM, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, as well as at the National University of Mexico (UNAM).
- Instructor at the Mexican Tax Administration System (SAT).
- Frequent speaker on International Tax matters, and on Transfer Pricing seminars in Mexico, Central America, South America, the USA, Canada, Spain, and in the UK.
- Recognised for several years as one of the leading Transfer Pricing Practinioners in Mexico by the"International Tax Review", and was awarded in the 2009 edition of the "Expert Guides, The Best of the Best" as one of the best transfer pricing advisors in the World.
- In 2017, Grant Thornton Mexico, under Ricardo´s leadership, was recognised by "Corporate International" as the Best Transfer Pricing Advisory Firm in Mexico.
- Also, in 2017, 2018 and 2019 the International Tax Review, nominated GT´s TP practice as one of the Best Transfer Pricing Firms of the year in Mexico. GTwas awarded as the best TP Firm in Latinamerica.
- Certified Transfer Pricing Expert by the Mexican Economists Bar Association.