Peter is one of four Partners in Grant Thornton Canada's award-winning Transfer Pricing group. He is responsible for leading 30+ professionals–including economists, tax experts, financial analysts, and accountants- specializing in a variety of transfer pricing disciplines, including transfer pricing planning and strategy; cross-border capital structure planning; due-diligence reviews and pre-acquisition planning; intangible property valuation and migration; tax authority audit management; appeals, tax court and competent authority support; advance pricing arrangements (APAs).
Peter's experience includes supporting many of Canada's largest public and private companies in a multitude of industries, including pharma, financial services, resources, professional services, manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, information technology, distribution, and retail, among others.
Peter has a specialization in assisting multinationals with implementing best-practice transfer pricing governance processes/procedures. He also has particular expertise in intangible property transfer pricing structure planning, as well as the transfer pricing of financial transactions (such as loans, guarantees, derivatives, and other instruments).
Professional qualifications and memberships
- BComm (Honours) - Queen's University, Kingston
- Master of Taxation (Mtax) - University of Waterloo
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Notable presentations and publications
- "The Changing Landscape in transfer pricing: 10 practices you need to implement today" – Expert Guides Magazine, 2018
- Grant Thornton's Transfer Pricing Practice was awarded the prestigious International Tax Review Transfer Pricing Advisory Firm of the Year (Canada) award in 2018