Peter is a leader of Grant Thornton's global transfer pricing group and is based in Toronto. The group consists of 25+ transfer pricing professionals; including economists, tax experts, financial analysts, valuators and accountants. With expertise in a variety of tax and transfer pricing matters, the group specializes in transfer pricing planning and strategy; capital structure planning; merger and acquisition tax planning; intangible property migration; business restructurings; tax authority audit dispute management; appeals, tax court, and competent authority support; advance pricing arrangements (APAs); and transfer pricing documentation.
Peter's experience includes supporting many of North America's largest public and private companies in a multitude of industries including pharma, financial services, resources, professional services, manufacturing, automotive, oil and gas, information technology, distribution and retail, among others.
Peter also specializes in assisting companies with establishing governance processes and procedures for transfer pricing – an increasingly important area, as tax authorities around the world shift focus onto a risk-based approach. Peter has led the establishment of transfer pricing governance frameworks for some of the largest corporations in North America.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- BComm (Honours) – Queen's University, Kingston
- Master of Taxation (Mtax) – University of Waterloo
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Notable presentations and publications
- Peter was recognized as an expert in the "Guide to the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Advisors" Euromoney 2021
- "Operational Excellence in Transfer Pricing" – Presenter, TP Minds National Conference (Canada), 2021
- "Beyond Documentation: How to Plan, Implement, Document, and Defend Your Transfer Prices" – Presenter, TEI Conference – Taxation in a New World, 2021
- Peter was recognized in 2020 by Euromoney as a Rising Star in Transfer Pricing, one of only two practitioners to receive the award in all of Canada
- "Transfer Pricing – Beyond the Pricing" – Author, Expert Guides Magazine, 2019
- "The Changing Landscape in transfer pricing: 10 practices you need to implement today" – Author, Expert Guides Magazine, 2018
- Grant Thornton's Transfer Pricing Practice was awarded the prestigious International Tax Review Transfer Pricing Advisory Firm of the Year (Canada) award in 2018 and was shortlisted in 2019, 2020, and 2021!