Marcel R. Jung is considered as a leading lawyer in tax and private client matters in Switzerland. He is also a highly experienced tax litigator in both Swiss and international tax cases in the Swiss courts up to the Supreme Court.
He regularly advises high net worth families on international tax planning, relocations, structuring of wealth and family business, asset protection, estate planning and charitable projects, which often includes trusts, foundations and private holding and investment vehicles.
His professional interest focuses on the tax challenges of the digital economy, global tax transparency and cross-border exchange of information, BEPS Action Plan of the OECD and its impact on business and group taxation and private investment structures, multilateral agreements in tax matters, tax arbitration and protection of taxpayers’ rights.
- International tax planning
- Tax controversy
- Private clients
- Digital economy
- Swiss Bar Association, Zurich Bar Association
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- EXPERTsuisse (the Swiss Expert Association for Audit, Tax and Fiduciary)
Academic qualifications (Qualification, Institution, Year)
- University of London, Queen Mary College (LL.M.)
- University of Basel (Dr. iur.)
- Swiss certified tax expert
- Admitted to the Bar in Switzerland
- Harvard Law School (Visiting Student, ITP Summer Program)
- University of Basel (lic. iur.)
- University of St. Gallen (lic. oec. HSG)