Cecilia is a proactive attorney. She practices law mainly in Intellectual Property and has strength in copyrights, trademarks and geographical indications, also ancestral knowledge, and biodiversity. She is also an expert in regulatory affairs and efficiently advices her clients looking to place their products in the country providing effective solutions to their needs.
She constantly participates in several working groups regarding trends for the industries and works on advocacy papers towards policy making. She chairs the ICC Ecuador IP Commission for a second period and actively cooperates with juridical criteria for several projects of reforms of law and regulations on IP rights, and promoting observatories for customs watch and criminal offenses.
She is quite dynamic at INTA and ECTA now serving at the ACC Committees. At ASIPI she chairs the Geographical Indications Committee for her second period for which she has been recognized for her hard work and impeccable job. She is also involved with orIGin as law firm member.
Her advice regarding the protection of intellectual property has meant that her clients have been able to develop new ventures safely and expand their business in Ecuador and into foreign markets. Her vast experience in managing IP portfolios has allowed her to advise clients on how to achieve strategic business objectives through audits of intangible assets, acquisition of rights, licenses and franchises. She had a leading role on the negotiation of a biodiversity access contract between Yale University and the Environmental Ministry of Ecuador.
She has successfully advised and managed administrative litigation procedures having favorable results and client satisfaction. Also, she is an expert in piracy, counterfeit actions, and border measures concluding with definite cease of infringements on copyrights and trademarks. Appellation of origin infringements had also been handled successfully. Cecilia represents clients in a wide range of business sectors, and has experience in advising in beverage, clothing, cosmetics, veterinary products, pharmaceuticals, cleaners and disinfectants, agriculture, timber, entertainment, literary, and editorial business industries.
A team of professionals in FPA dedicated to the Hemp & Cannabis industries from the regulatory perspective on agro-industrial and medicinal, cosmetics and food & beverages. Cecilia is a founder member at the Quito Chamber of Commerce Hemp Cluster being it´s legal advisor and asked to lead the new to come Cannabis Commission.
Currently she leads the Firm as Managing Partner.
- Intellectual Property
- Legislative Affairs and regulatory Affairs
- Cannabis Industry
Cecilia's performance has been recognized by important international legal boards such as: Chambers & Partners, WTR 1000, Legal 500, IPSTARS.
She continuously delivers articles to several international publications.
- JD (equivalent), Pontificia Universidad Católica Ecuador, 1998
- Chair, Chamber of Commerce of Quito, Cannabis Commission 2021
- Founder member Quito Chamber of Commerce Hemp and Cannabis Cluster 2020
- Member at INTA Anticounterfeiting Committee 2020-2021
- Member at ECTA Anti- Counterfeiting Committee 2019 – 2021
- Chair, Geographical Indications Committee, Interamerican Association of Intellectual Property ASIPI 2015-2018 and 2018 – 2021
- President at the Intellectual Property Commission of the International Chamber of Commerce representing Ecuador, July 2018 – present time
- International Chamber of Commerce, IP Commission, Ambassador for Ecuador, 2018 – present time
- Voluntary lawyer with the WIPO Patent Assistance Program, PAI, July 2018
- Member at the Committee WIPO Link de European Communities Trade Mark Association ECTA 2016
- Member at the Geographical Indications Committee of the European Communities Trade Mark Association ECTA 2016-2018
- Honorary Consul of Trinidad and Tobago accredited before the Government of the Republic of Ecuador
- Cultural House of Ecuador, Juridical Section, Fully-fledged member since 2008