Sean Lederman is a director at ENSafrica and is joint head of the firm's banking and finance department.
Sean specialises in leveraged finance, asset finance and other forms of debt finance transactions, including corporate debt.
His rankings reflect his position as one of the leading finance lawyers in South Africa.
Sean's areas of deep specialisation include aircraft finance and he is recognised as the foremost lawyer for aircraft financing transactions in South Africa. Sean has advised on the majority of the large transactions (including operating lease and export credit finance transactions) that have occurred in this area in South Africa over the past two and a half decades.
Sean is also particularly known for his work on leveraged finance transactions, including in the private equity space. Sean has acted for both lenders and borrowers in this area and his clients include local and foreign banks, corporate borrowers, private equity houses, operating lessors, airlines and foreign law firms.
Sean is recognised as a leading/recommended lawyer by:
- The Legal 500 EMEA 2018 – Hall of Fame for Banking and Finance; 2018, 2017 – Banking and Finance; Shipping and Transport; 2016, 2015 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)
- IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Leading Lawyer – Highly Regarded (South Africa)
- Chambers Global Guide 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 – Banking and Finance (tier 1) (South Africa)
- Best Lawyers® 2018, 2017 – Aviation, Banking and Finance; 2016, 2015 – Banking Law (South Africa)
- Who's Who Legal 2018 – Aviation; 2016 – Aviation Finance (South Africa); 2015 – Aviation, Banking, Transport (South Africa)
- Euromoney's Aviation Expert Guide 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 (South Africa)
- Corporate Livewire Global Awards 2016 – Banking and Finance (South Africa)