Ted joined Duff & Phelps in 2018 as a Managing Director in the London office and leads their European Transfer Pricing practice. He brings more than 25 years of experience, advising multinational clients on transfer pricing matters in the US, the UK, Europe, Africa and Asia, and in diverse sectors including life sciences, financial services, mining and minerals, hi-tech, media, engineering and consulting services, and industrial products. A PhD economist, Ted has also been engaged as an expert witness and specialises in developing pragmatic solutions to complex transfer pricing issues, often involving IP with a complicated history of development, including:
- The interaction between TP and Valuation methods;
- Supply chain and IP planning and compliance during post-merger integration;
- Transfers of IP in response to regulatory change;
- Cost-sharing buy-ins and buy-outs;
- Transfers of pension benefit obligations between related parties;
- Valuation of contractual provisions using option pricing methods;
- Head office intangibles;
- Arbitration involving minority shareholder claims of unfair treatment;
- Implications of bankruptcy and financial distress for transfer pricing.
Ted began his transfer pricing career in Los Angeles. He has been based in London since 1997, and has worked as a partner in two of the Big 4 accounting firms and as a managing director in an economics consulting firm. Prior to being recruited by Duff & Phelps, Ted established his own independent transfer pricing consultancy. He has contributed to numerous papers and guides on transfer pricing, has spoken at numerous conference around the world, and has been recognized as one of the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Experts. Ted graduated with a B.S.Ch.E. from Case Western University and received his PhD from the Claremont Graduate University.