Theresa Goh, Deloitte Malaysia, is the National Transfer Pricing Leader and carries more than 30 years of experience as a tax professional encompassing both tax and transfer pricing matters. She is based in Kuala Lumpur, and her experience covers transfer pricing, tax audits, investigations, tax advisory work, supply chain management and business model optimization projects for clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, services, telecommunication and the oil and gas sectors.
Theresa's experience in tax and transfer pricing controversy management includes preparation of strategy for litigation involving anti-avoidance issues and application of alternative transfer pricing methods during audits. She also has assisted clients to conclude the first-ever, and all three advance pricing agreements (APAs) signed in Malaysia to date. Under Theresa's leadership, Deloitte Malaysia won the Lawyer Legal award 2015, Transfer Pricing Law Firm of the year – Malaysia and has achieved consistent Tier 1 ranking in the World Transfer Pricing Guide published by International Tax Review.
Theresa also led Deloitte Malaysia to win Malaysia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year award in 2016 bestowed by the International Tax Review. Theresa has been the recipient of numerous awards, including the following:
- International Tax Review's Women in Tax Leaders Guide 2015
- Leading Practitioner, in Euromoney's Women in Business Law Guide 2015
- Euromoney/Legal Media's Guide to the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Advisers, 2009 – 2015
- Malaysia Tax Controversy Leader, International Tax Review 2013 to 2016
- Transfer Pricing Lawyer of the Year by Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2016
- Leading Female Practitioner in International Tax and TransferPricing in Euromoney/Legal Media Group's Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law 2012
- Leading Tax Adviser, International Review in 2008/2009
Theresa is a council member of both the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) and the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM). She chairs the MICPA's Membership Affairs Committee and the Transfer Pricing Technical Committee at CTIM. Theresa is a certified public accountant (Malaysia) and a chartered accountant. She is an approved tax agent under the Malaysian Income Tax Act, 1967. She is a frequent speaker at conferences, nationally and abroad, focusing on emerging transfer pricing and tax issues such as the Country-by-Country and new reporting requirements. She has participated in several operational dialogues with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia and jointly presented an APA paper in Tokyo with the IRB.