Arturo Vela, Deloitte Mexico, is a Partner in transfer pricing practice in Mexico City and a member of Deloitte's Global transfer pricing team. After working at Mexico's Tax Administration Service ("SAT") as head of transfer pricing examinations, Arturo joined the firm in 1998 to bring a first-hand perspective of government negotiations regarding transfer pricing and tax issues between Mexico and its various tax treaty partners.
Now, with more than 22 years of experience he is considered as a frequent guest speaker in specialized seminars and conferences on transfer pricing and international taxation in Mexico, the US, and Central and South America.
He is also Past President and a current board member of the Transfer Pricing Committee at the Mexican Institute of Charted Public Accountants ("IMCP").
He is also the coauthor of the books:
- Medición del Desempeño entre Unidades Relacionadas and
- Precios de Transferencia Marco Teórico, Jurídico y Práctico.
- Certified Public Accountant, graduated from Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Monterrey Campus).
- Professional Certificate in Tax from the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos
Memberships and Professional activities
- He is a Member of the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos
- Member of the Academia de Estudios Fiscales de la Contaduria Publica, AC
- Member of the Transfer Pricing Commission of the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos
- President of the Transfer Pricing Commission of the Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Publicos (2011-2013)