Ella Mimo, Deloitte US, is a director in Chicago transfer pricing practice, with close to 20 years of experience with the government and public accounting. Ella works with major U.S. and non-U.S. multinational companies on a variety of transfer pricing assignments, including planning, audit defence, and global documentation.
- Assisted a number of companies in audit defence engagements with the U.S. and foreign governments through the field and appeals process.
- Assisted clients with their APA projects, including a U.S.-Germany APA and a unilateral Indian APA.
- Assisted clients in intellectual property (IP) migration projects including intra-European IP migration for B2B and consumer products companies, global cost sharing arrangement for service companies, and risk assessment of various strategies.
- Provided technical review and advice on multiple FIN 48 projects.
- Coauthored an article titled "Service Company Profitability: Results from an Empirical Analysis," which addresses a variety of economic issues identified in the proposed U.S. intercompany service regulations issued in 2003.
Ella has extensive experience in managing global transfer pricing documentation studies for all types of intercompany transactions, intellectual property planning studies, and implementing and modifying global transfer pricing policies to support clients' overall business and tax objectives. Industry experience includes the retailing, manufacturing (factory equipment, automotive, industrial engines, metals, paper, and glass) consumer (food, beverage, apparel, body care) computers and software, healthcare equipment and instruments, telecommunications, semiconductor equipment, banking, and publishing sectors.
Ella has spoken frequently on transfer pricing economics for both federal and state planning and documentation at the Tax Executives Institute's International Tax Courses.
- PhD, Economics, Boston University
- Fluent in English and Russian