Geoff Gill, Deloitte Australia, leads the Transfer Pricing group. Geoff is based in Sydney and has over 17 years of experience in transfer pricing, and has worked in both London and Sydney. Geoff specializes in financial services, financial transactions and the TMT industry.
Geoff was nominated as a World's Leading Transfer Pricing Adviser in Euromoney's 2013 and 2015 guides.
Skills and expertise
Geoff has successfully completed a wide range of bilateral and unilateral Advance Pricing Arrangements and audit defense projects. Geoff advised on the first completed joint transfer pricing audit between the ATO and IRS.
Geoff has published articles on loan guarantees; debt financing and the transfer pricing case law in international journals and speaks regularly at external seminars. Geoff has been closely involved in working with the Australian Treasury on the reforms to Australia's transfer pricing rules and on the Inspector General of Taxation's review of the ATO's approach to transfer pricing compliance.
Geoff's work covers a wide variety of industries however his focus areas include:
- Financial services–Transfer pricing advisor to a number of retail and investment banks, property trusts, fund management and brokerage companies
- Telecommunications Media and Technology–including setting global transfer pricing policies and ATO controversy
- Debt pricing – analyses for a wide variety of debt instruments, guarantee fees and determination of arm's length debt levels.
Professional and academic qualifications
- Master of Philosophy in Economics, University of Oxford
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours), Trinity College, Dublin
- ACCA Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Affiliate of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Member of Tax Institute of Australia