Andrea Ferrario, Deloitte Italy (Studio Tributario e Societario), is a Partner and has more than fifteen years of international tax specialist experience. He has served a number of Italian and foreign multinationals, gaining knowledge in transfer pricing and international tax matters.
Since the establishment of Deloitte's Italian transfer pricing service line in 1999, Andrea has been working on Deloitte's major transfer pricing engagements in Italy. He has been leading a number of projects on behalf of various European, American and Asian multinationals, operating in a wide range of industries, including automotive, chemicals, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, electronics and software, finance and insurance.
Andrea has acquired broad experience in coordinating global transfer pricing studies and documentation projects and in providing consultancy with regards to business model optimizations and supply chain restructurings. Furthermore, Andrea has significant expertise in managing tax audits and defensive procedures in the context of both domestic disputes with the Italian tax Authorities and Mutual Agreement Procedures between Competent Authorities. He also has extensive expertise on permanent establishment issues.
Transfer Pricing Expertise
Andrea's transfer pricing expertise includes:
- Coordination of global transfer pricing studies for large multinational groups;
- Design and implementation of business models and supply chain reorganizations;
- Analysis and appraisal of intangible assets and businesses;
- Assistance in disputes with the Italian tax Authorities;
- Standing as expert witness in judicial procedures;
- Negotiation of international tax rulings and Advance Pricing Agreements (APAs);
- Management of Mutual Agreement Procedures (MAPs) under the Tax Treaties and the EU Arbitration Convention.
- University Degree in economics, Bocconi University, Milan
- Certificate in tax law, Bocconi University, Milan
- Chartered Accountant (Dottore Commercialista)
- Certified Auditor (Revisore Contabile)