Kristine Riisberg, Deloitte US, is a principal in New York office. She has more than 17 years of transfer pricing and international tax experience with Deloitte, and spent four years in Deloitte's Washington National Tax Office.
Kristine has extensive experience in company financial and quantitative research analysis and industry data analysis in a wide range of industries. She has prepared economic analyses, documentation, planning, competent authority requests, and cost sharing studies for clients in the following industries: technology, online retailers, media and entertainment, publishing, telecommunications, digital, computer software, semiconductors, oil and gas upstream and field services sectors, power generation and renewable energy, chemical industries, healthcare and medical industry, consumer goods, high-end luxury goods, financial services, commodities, automotive, quick service restaurants, and travel industries.
With her international background and experience working in Deloitte transfer pricing teams in Copenhagen and London, Kristine has acquired extensive knowledge of global transfer pricing matters. She is the Global and U.S. transfer pricing industry leader, and the Americas transfer pricing leader of the Technology, Media & Telecommunication industry program. She is the global lead tax partner for the world's largest container shipping conglomerate, the global lead transfer pricing partner for one of the world's largest online retail companies, and the global lead transfer pricing partner for the largest European-headquartered consumer and industrial goods conglomerate.
Kristine has given numerous speeches and presentations at the American Conference Institute, Tax Executives Institute, BNA, Atlas, Thompson Reuters, CITE, Deloitte Dbriefs, and conferences on transfer pricing issues. Recent speaking engagements include:
- Moderator of panel on "The Impact of Digitalization on Global Industry," International Tax Review's Global Transfer Pricing Forum, Washington D.C. (September 2015)
- Moderator of panel on "Industry's Impact on Transfer Pricing," Deloitte's Global Tax Roundtable, Orlando, FL (November 2014)
- Moderator of panel on "Industry matters!" International Tax Review's Global Transfer Pricing Forum, Washington D.C. (September 2014)
- Lead presenter for Deloitte Tax's Global U.S. Investment Services Group, on "Intangible Property Migration," Stockholm (April 2014)
Kristine's publications include:
- Transfer Pricing Industry Guide for International tax Review, September 2014
- Intangible Property Guide for International Tax Review, January 2014
- Technology, Media and Telecoms Guide for International Tax Review, September 2013
- "Transfer pricing implications of the transition to IFRS," in International Tax Review, October 29, 2012
- "U.S. Implementation of IFRS: Impact on Transfer Pricing," in BNA Transfer Pricing Report, 2009
- "Differences in European and US GAAP: Implications for Transfer Pricing Analysis," in BNA Transfer Pricing Journal, 2004