Peter Meenan, Deloitte US, is a Tax Transfer Pricing Principal based in Atlanta, GA. Peter has over 24 years of transfer pricing experience with Deloitte Tax.
Peter was a founding member of Deloitte's European Transfer Pricing practices and served on Deloitte's European Transfer Pricing Leadership Committee from 1997 to 2004, when he was seconded to Deloitte's London and then Düsseldorf offices. From 2004 to 2008 he was seconded to Deloitte's Japanese transfer pricing practice in Tokyo, where he was on the transfer pricing management committee and served as the senior transfer pricing economist in Asia. During his tenure with Deloitte in Japan, Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States, Peter has consulted on multiple facets of transfer pricing, including advance pricing agreements, planning, audit defense, documentation, expert witness testimony, international arbitration procedures, and preparing tax court proceedings. Peter has also been a consultant and a trainer on transfer pricing matters for the tax authorities in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Malaysia, and Vietnam.
Peter's publications include:
- "Transfer Pricing Opportunities and Pitfalls as a Result of Telecom Convergence," International Tax Review's Technology, Media, and Telecomms Guide (1st Edition, No. 82, pp. 23-32, 2013)
- "Structuring an Appropriate Transfer Pricing Policy in Japan," which appeared in Asia-Pacific Tax Bulletin (Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 379-385, 2008)
- "Europe as One Market: A Transfer Pricing Economic Analysis of Pan-European Comparables Sets," with Roman Dawid and Joerg Huelshorst, BNA Tax Management's Transfer Pricing Report (volume 12, no 23, April 14 2004)
- "Recent Developments in European Transfer Pricing," with Setsuko Fukushima, International Taxation (May 2004, in Japanese).
- Purdue University, Indiana: PhD, in economics
- Fordham University, New York: MA and BA in economics
- Awarded the Chartered Financial Analysts Charter
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, Georgia Institute of Technology