Practice areas/industry focus
Insurance and reinsurance law with special expertise in Insurance Business Act; advising on finance-related laws and regulations, including Banking Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, and Money Lending Business Act; advising on corporate matters, including entity establishment and organization, M&As, and bankruptcies and liquidations; representing insurance companies in legal disputes concerning financial and insurance products and services, including judicial proceedings, mediation, and financial services ADR.
Partner at Chuo Sogo Law Office; on loan to the Insurance Business Division of the Supervisory Bureau of Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan as a fixed-term governmental official (2005-07); member of the "Working Group on the Provision of Insurance Products and Services" of the Financial System Council, FSA (2012-13).
- Member of the "Study Group Formed to Discuss the State of Affairs Ten Years after the Implementation of Procedures Aimed to Ensure Performance of Obligations under Warranty against Housing Defects" established by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (July 2018 – present)
- Member of the "Safety nets of Housing Warranty Insurance System" study group of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Jun. 2017 – Mar.2018)
- Member of the "Study group assessing risks of natural disasters" of the PwC Research Institute (Japan) LLC (Oct. 2012 – Jul. 2013)
- Member of the "Working group on the provision of insurance products and services" of the Financial System Council, Financial Services Agency (FSA) (Jun. 2012 – Jun. 2013)
- Member of the Japanese Society of Insurance Science (Jul. 2007)
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides: Insurance & Reinsurance – Japan – Law and Practice 2019"(2019; co-author, CHAMBERS AND PARTNERS)
- "The Legal 500: 2nd Edition Insurance & Reinsurance Comparative Guide" (2018; co-author, LEGALEASE)
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Insurance & Reinsurance 2019 (8th Edition) (Japan Chapter)" (2019; co-author, Global Legal Group Ltd.,)
- Kyoto University, Faculty of Law