Practice areas/industry focus
Insurance and reinsurance law with special expertise in Insurance Business Act; advising on finance-related laws and regulations, including Banking Act, Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, and Money Lending Business Act; advising on corporate matters, including entity establishment and organization, M&As, and bankruptcies and liquidations; representing insurance companies in legal disputes concerning financial and insurance products and services, including judicial proceedings, mediation, and financial services ADR.
Partner at Chuo Sogo Law Office; on loan to the Insurance Business Division of the Supervisory Bureau of Financial Services Agency (FSA) in Japan as a fixed-term governmental official (2005-07); member of the "Working Group on the Provision of Insurance Products and Services" of the Financial System Council, FSA (2012-13).
- Member of the "Safety nets of Housing Warranty Insurance System" study group of Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (Jun. 2017 – Ongoing)
- Member of the "Study group assessing risks of natural disasters" of the PwC Research Institute (Japan) LLC (Oct. 2012 – Jul. 2013)
- Member of the "Working group on the provision of insurance products and services" of the Financial System Council, Financial Services Agency (FSA) (Jun. 2012 – Jun. 2013)
- Member of the Japanese Society of Insurance Science (Jul. 2007)
- "The Legal 500: 2nd Edition Insurance & Reinsurance Comparative Guide" co-author, Legalease
- "The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Insurance & Reinsurance 2018 (7th Edition) (Japan Chapter)" co-author, Global Legal Group Ltd., 2018
- "Chambers Global Practice Guides: Insurance – Japan – Law and Practice 2018" co-author, Chambers and Partners
- Kyoto University, Faculty of Law