Nikolaj Bjørnholm's main focus is tax controversy and international taxation. Currently, he is working with various tax controversies in relation to inter alia transfer pricing, beneficial ownership and hydro carbon taxation.
Nikolaj has an unprecedented track record before the courts:
- March 2016: Prevailed before the High Court in the first ever case on denial of access to the EU Arbitration Convention
- December 2015: Prevailed before the National Tax Tribunal (the administrative appeal body) in a transfer pricing case (the only case out of 5 in 2015, where the taxpayer entirely prevailed)
- March 2015: Prevailed in part before the Supreme Court in a hydro carbon tax case - the first ever tested before the courts
- 2013: Prevailed before the High Court the hydro carbon tax case (appealed to the Supreme Court)
- 2013: Prevailed before the High Court in corporate tax case for multinational
- 2011: Prevailed before Supreme Court for venture fund in relation to deduction of management fees
Clients describe Nikolaj as "talented", "intelligent, creative and responsive", "he is fast and goes straight to the core issue", "exceptionally good" practitioner, noting him as being "particularly strong in international tax and litigation" (Chambers Global and Legal 500).
Nikolaj's objective is to service the interest of his clients pursuant to the highest professional standards, including being clear in his communication.