Ai-Leen Lim is Chief Executive Officer and Principal Counsel of AWA Asia. Based in Beijing, she heads the firm's Asia offices and manages its headquarters in Hong Kong, as well as its wholly owned Chinese IP consultancy, AWA IP (Beijing) Co, Ltd, a locally licensed IP and trademark agency, which files and enforces trademarks in China directly before the Trademark Office and administrative authorities.
Ms Lim advises clients on IP portfolio management in China, Hong Kong and internationally. She specialises in contentious and non-contentious trademark, design and patent registration, protection and enforcement matters and IP transactions, as well as advertising, consumer law and related regulatory issues in conjunction with market entry and product promotion, particularly in China. She also advises on copyrights, domain names, data protection, competition law, Internet law and social media; and on contentious matters, including infringements, oppositions, invalidations and cancellation actions. Ms Lim's client base ranges from IP rich start-ups to Fortune 500 clients whom she assists in relation to their IP protection and management issues, as well as commercial transactions involving IP assets (including IP audits, licensing, franchising and due diligence).
Ms Lim's industry experience includes electronics, IT, F&B, fashion, consumer products, lifestyle, energy, life sciences, media, retail, real estate, finance, and professional services.
Ms Lim is admitted in Singapore and is also qualified in the United Kingdom and Hong Kong. She has been consistently ranked, since 2002, as a leading IP lawyer in China and Hong Kong and has received the following recent accolades:
- The WTR 1000 rankings 2016 states: "the consistently excellent work of Ai-Leen Lim has really put it [AWA Asia] on the map";
- Ms Lim has been selected as a "WIPR Leader 2016" by World IP Review;
- Managing IP 2016 named her an IP Star for the 3rd consecutive year,
- Managing IP2016 has also recently recognized her as one of Top 250 Women in IP;
- Ms Lim was noted as a leading lawyer in the Chambers Guide 2015;
- Chambers Asia-Pacific currently ranks Ms Lim as a leading practitioner in an International Firm in China;
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015 writes: "Ai-Leen Lim acts for an impressive client roster spanning the life sciences, media and fashion sectors";
- Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers 2015 recognized Ms Lim as a leading individual;
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 praises her "high level of professionalism" as well as her "deep understanding of clients' needs";
- Ms Lim was awarded distinctions in the trademark and enforcement categories in Asia IP Expert Profiles 2015 and 2016.