Joris Monin de Flaugergues is a partner at Antonin Lévy & Associés.
Joris has dual background in law and finance and acts as a counsel for companies and individuals in high-profile white-collar crime and compliance cases. His expertise specifically focuses on criminal tax law, corruption, as well as financial and environmental criminal law. Joris also has expertise in internal investigations and litigation by multilateral development banks and agencies.
Together with Antonin Lévy, Joris significant expertise includes:
- Defence of a former French Prime Minister prosecuted for misappropriation of public funds, abuse of corporate assets and breach of his reporting requirements towards the High Authority for Transparency in Public Life.
- Representation of a high-profile businessman in an investigation on allegations of corruption and money laundering (“Kazakhgate” case).
- Representation of a French car manufacturer investigated over allegations of aggravated deception (“Dieselgate” case).
- Defence of a French industrial group and its director prosecuted on counts of manslaughter and serious injuries in connection with an industrial furnace accident.
- Representation of a French industrial group in investigations brought by the World Bank, the African Development Bank and the European Investment Bank on suspicions of corruption and collusion in West Africa, East Africa and South-East Asia.
In 2018, Joris was elected First Secretary of the Paris Bar Conference. He was recognized as “Rising Stars” in the “White collar crime” category of the 2020 and 2021 Expert Guides ranking.
Prior to being partner within Antonin Levy & Associés in 2021, Joris worked as an associate within the Investigation White Collar and Fraud (IWCF) department of Hogan Lovells Paris, and joined Antonin Lévy & Associés when founded by Antonin Lévy and Ophélia Claude in 2019.