Safir Anand is the Senior Partner and Head of Trade Marks and Contractual & Commercial IP at Anand and Anand. He has been consistently recognized as one of India's top IP attorneys and has over 25 years of experience.
He is on the advisory board of International Facility Management Association, Fashion Design Council of India, Event and Entertainment Management Association as also on the Boards of companies like JHS Svendgaard Brands Limited, Brand Musiq Private Limited, Teamwork Arts Private Limited and My Rights LLP. He holds memberships in national and international organizations.
He was a member of the International Trademark Association's (INTA) Presidential Task force which examined complexities involved in brand valuation and currently serves on INTA's Commercialisation of Brands Committee (CBC) and the CBC leadership team, as well as the INTA Research Advisory council; and as Co-Chair of the global brand transactions and due diligence sub-committees.
Safir has received several awards and accolades. Below are some of his recent achievements:
- Recognized as Innovative Practitioners by Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Asia-Pacific 2020;
- Awarded the extremely prestigious "IAF-Atmanirbhar Bharat Award 2020-21";
- Awarded the Most Innovative Lawyer of the Year at BW Businessworld Global Legal Summit and India Legal Leaders Awards 2020;
- Under his leadership, the firm was awarded "Independent Luxury Law Firm of the Year 2020" by the Luxury Law Alliance.
- Enlisted in the Legal Powerlist 2020 as one of the Top Individual Lawyers
- India Business Law Journal ranked Safir among India's top 100 lawyers and featured him in the 2020 A-list
Safir frequently writes for financial dailies, international publications and is on the editorial panel of many leading journals and magazines focused on commercialization; licensing; Franchising; and Intellectual Property.
A few of his most recent published works are as follows:
- As a Member of INTA's Presidential Task Force contributed his insights on Business Environment Trends for INTA's "Brand Value Special Task Force Report"
- Asia IP Magazine sought Safir's inputs in its latest feature, CSR during Covid-19: The sincerity and brand loyalty factors.
- Article for Asia IP Magazine In its recent feature, "Law Firms in APAC pitch in to help address problems caused by Covid-19".
- "How to Avoid A 'Corona Moment' For Your Brand Name"- Businessworld
Safir's prudent insights into IP; licensing and franchising; packaging, advertising, labeling; and pharmaceutical laws; corporate governance; and Foreign Direct Investment have been widely covered by leading newspapers and business channels including Economic Times; Business Standard and CNBC.
His recent speaking assignments include:
- ET NOW- shared strategic insights on "Businesses that will Survive Covid"
- Assocham Seminar- Intellectual Property Talent Search Examination (IPTSE) Awards 2020
- Masterclass on Design Protection held by the Fashion Design Council of India
- Jaipur Literature Festival 2019 & 2020
- Businessworld Legal Summit 2019