Current position: Senior Partner and Head of Department (Trademarks, Contractual and Commercial IP, Entertainment and Contractual IP).
Practice area/industry focus: Trademarks, Contractual and Commercial IP, Entertainment and Contractual IP, franchising and licensing, character merchandising, advertising and labelling laws, IP audits, IP issues in mergers and acquisitions and due diligence.
Mr Safir Anand advises numerous Fortune 500 companies and acts for clients from diverse industries and sectors. He is a member of the Bar Council of India, INTA, APAA, Asia-Pacific Lawyers Association, SAARCLAW, AIPPI, International Bar Association, LIMA India Advisory Committee, Luxury Society, The Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel, The International Franchising Association and Centre for International Legal Studies. Also, He is on the board of directors of IFMA and has been re-elected as a part of Marques brand and Marketing Team. Also, he is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Govt Task force, Dept of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Dept to work on setting up India's first CYBER school. The Govt of Israel is also a part of this prestigious assignment.
- WTR 1000 – Highly Recommended: Prosecution And Strategy – Gold – 2015 and 2016
- Who's Who Legal – Trademarks – (2016)
- Asia law Leading Lawyers – Intellectual Property – 2015 and 2016
- Asia IP Experts 2015 – Trademarks
- Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars 2015 – Trademark and Copyright
- Ranked among Top 50 licensing lawyers in Asia
- Featured prominently in "Best of the Best – Trademarks (Expert Guide 2015)".
- Ranked as 'Highly Regarded Leading Individual' in the field of intellectual property in India in Chambers and Partners (Asia-Pacific) 2014
- Ranked under the Gold Band Category for Prosecution and Strategy in the WTR Trademarks 1000 (2015)
- Nominated as the Managing Intellectual Property IP Star for the year 2015 for Trademarks
Mr Anand has spoken extensively at various conferences including Franchise India on the subject of Lawyers in the role of Business Strategist, The Lexis Nexis conference on Importance of IP in Mergers and Acquisitions; The ACMA conference on IP Management through Brand Protection and the Brand Licensing conference on Negotiating a License Agreement.
Publications: Mr Safir Anand contributes in prestigious national/ international publications as GTDT Licensing Chapter-Advertising and Marketing, GTDT Licensing Chapter-Trademark, WTR 1000 yearbook, 'Key Licensing Issues in India', published in IAM; 'Legal Issues in Advertising – Major implications for IP Rights', published in IAM; Securing Intellectual Property during the Credit Crunch', published in Mondaq.