Current position: Safir Anand is Senior Partner and Head of Department (Trademarks, Contractual and Commercial IP), Anand and Anand.
Practice area/industry focus: Safir advises and acts for clients from diverse industries such as FMCG, Pharma, Software, Social Media, Food industry, Media, Sports, Entertainment, Luxury and Fashion, Government Bodies and more. He actively works as an IP advisor, providing inputs towards strategy, Business models, Marketing and Commercial Insights blended with an astute understanding of IP law that covers; IP Protection, IP Enforcement – Civil and Criminal; Contractual IP – Agreements, Licensing, Franchising, Monetization, Strategic Advisory and Due Diligence.
His drive to create IP awareness has been widely reported by the media. His focus is to unleash the power of intangibles and nurture the untapped IP potential through specialized IP services.
Safir is a member of INTA "Brand Value-Special Task Force" constituted to examine the complexities involved in "Brand Valuation". He has recently joined the Board of Directors of:
- BrandMusiq to strategize on Mogo (Musical Logo) and Sonic Branding
- JHS Brands Limited
- National Advisory Council of EEMA
He is a member of the Bar Council of India and has also been a member of Asia-Pacific Lawyers Association, SAARCLAW, AIPPI, International Bar Association, LIMA India Advisory Committee, Luxury Society, The Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel, The International Franchising Association and Centre for International Legal Studies. He was on the Board of Directors of IFMA and was a part of Marques brand and Marketing Team. He was a part of the Andhra Pradesh Govt Task force, Dept of Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Dept for setting up India's first Cyber School.
His recent Awards and Accolades include:
- Trademark Law Firm of the Year 2019 – 6th International IP Conclave and Awards, 2019
- IP Stars for Trademark 2016, 2017 and 2018 – Managing Intellectual Property
- Best IP Firm of the Year for two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018 – The India Licensing Awards hosted by LIMA
- He has been featured prominently in Expert Guides – Best of the Best – Trademarks 2018
- Highly Recommended: Prosecution and Strategy – Gold 2016, 2017 and 2018 – WTR 1000
- Recommended Lawyer 2016, 2017 and 2018 – Chambers and Partners
- Trademarks 2017 and 2018 – Who's Who Legal
- Intellectual Property 2016, 2017 and 2018 – Asia Law Leading Lawyers
- Trademarks 2016 and 2017 – Asia IP Experts
- Ranked among Top 50 licensing lawyers in Asia