Recognised for expertise in fraud (white-collar crime) and serious/organised crime cases. Andrew Trollope QC has appeared consistently among the leading practitioners recommended in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for both Crime and Fraud / Criminal.
Mr Trollope's practice has predominantly consisted of city, commercial, tax and other fraud cases for more than 20 years. Other categories include: money laundering, confiscation and drugtrafficking, restraint proceedings, confiscation and drug-trafficking, company insolvency offences, VAT tribunal appeals and cartel / competition law investigations.
Football, Sports Law and Sports Regulation
Andrew Trollope QC, the leading barrister in the Portsmouth FC tax evasion trial, spoke on fraud, law and football at the Soccerex European Forum on 28-29 March 2012. He also shared a platform with representatives of FIFA and FIFPRO for a conference session on Betting in Football.
R v Peter Storrie – Former Portsmouth FC CEO cleared of all charges. Following the acquittal of Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric, it can be reported that Andrew Trollope QC and Natasha Wong successfully defended tax evasion charges arising from player transfers.
- R v Relton – Brinks Mat.
- R v Viccei – Knightsbridge Safe Deposit.
- R v Stainforth – Blue Arrow.
- R v T Ward – Guinness.
- R v Masterson – Caird plc.
- R v M Ward – European Leisure.
- R v James – Harrovian Properties/Leisure.
- R v Keyes – McNicholas.
- R v Myles – Richmond Oil and Gas plc.
- R v McKeown – Powerscreen plc.
- R v Sykes – Cheney Pension Scheme.
- R v Golechha / Operation Venison – MTIC Carousel Frauds.
- R v Lindsay / Operation Vitric – MTIC Carousel Frauds
- R v Matthews – Peakviewing plc. VAT / film financing.
- R v Auchi – Price Fixing / Cartel / Competition Law. Goldshield Group and others.
- R v Revell Reade – International Investment Fraud
- R v Bruce – Bribery of Foreign Officials
- Committee member of Criminal Bar Association 1990-2001
- Bar Council International Relations Committee
- Advisory Council British Institute of International and Comparative Law
- Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
- Bencher of Inner Temple