Deloitte Tax LLP provides industry-leading tax services to many of the world's most admired brands delivering measurable and lasting results by reimaging how these clients navigate the increasing change and complexity in the tax profession. Specifically, Deloitte Tax provides tax preparation and advisory services, including counsel related to business tax services, international tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax, multistate tax, tax management consulting, global employer services, mergers and acquisitions, research and development and government incentives and private wealth.
Led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Steve Kimble, Deloitte Tax LLP is one of Deloitte LLP's five businesses and representing nearly 17 percent of the Deloitte US Firm's US$21.9 billion in revenue. Deloitte Tax is leading clients through the tax transformation taking place in the marketplace and providing a broad range of fully integrated tax services that deliver insight, innovation, and deep business and industry knowledge.
In fiscal year 2019, the tax industry saw radical and emerging global tax transformation – including the digitization of reporting, an evolving policy landscape, and increasing transparency expectations for multinational businesses. This growth contributed to Deloitte Tax's continued revenue increase.
Deloitte Tax LLP is a leader in the professional services industry for its investment in and leverage of technology and processes to enable superior client service. In 2018, Deloitte Tax made the decision to increase the investment and pace of its digital transformation strategy, giving name to the initiative in early 2019: Tax in 2020. Tax in 2020 is a three-year plan anchored by an unprecedented investment in building a seamless global tax experience for the firm's clients that helps them reimagine how to navigate the increasing change and complexity in the tax profession. Through Tax in 2020, Deloitte Tax has doubled its investment in innovation and deepened the firm's commitment to evolve with its clients, while anticipating the next generation of solutions and capabilities to meet the ever-changing set of challenges faced by companies. More broadly across the practice, Deloitte Tax is focused on three key areas: technology innovation, which leverages leading edge digital capabilities and cloud-based solutions to create and enhanced experience for clients; an integrated global platform, which automates many aspects of tax compliance; and, transforming operating models to create efficiency improvements, cost savings and increased business value.
Deloitte Tax recognizes that one of the biggest challenges and greatest opportunities for a multinational company today is addressing local and foreign taxes in a way that substantively aligns with its overall business objectives and operations.
- International Tax Services: Providing tax resources where needed, unhindered by geographic or organizational barriers, to help companies address their U.S. outbound and inbound tax issues, including exploring considerations to reduce their global tax burden.
- Transfer Pricing: Assisting companies that operate in an environment of unprecedented tax complexity coupled with a rising volume and variety of intercompany cross-border transactions and enforcement activities worldwide. Deloitte Tax transfer pricing specialists can help companies address their tax compliance risks by aligning practical transfer pricing approaches with their overall global business operations and objectives.
- Indirect Tax: Deloitte Tax professionals advise companies on a wide range of indirect taxes, including value-added tax (VAT)/goods and services tax (GST), sales and use tax, customs duties, excise duties, insurance premium tax, and more. Their experience and knowledge covers the areas of tax compliance and reporting, dispute resolution, tax consultancy and potential opportunity identification, and assistance with process implementation.
- Global Tax Compliance Services: Assisting organizations to develop new approaches to global tax compliance and reporting that enable them to elevate the role of the tax department and the value it adds to their businesses. Deloitte Tax professionals work with companies to evaluate operating models that leverage Deloitte's tax technical, technology, data management, and process knowledge to help organizations access insights to support smart decisions while containing costs.
Our key service offerings
Business tax services, international tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax, multistate tax, tax management consulting, global employer services, mergers and acquisitions, research and development and government incentives and private wealth.
Deloitte Tax has received numerous honors and recognition over the past few years, continuing to demonstrate the depth of Deloitte's experience and skills across the Americas region. Recent awards include:
- International Tax Review, Americas Tax Technology Firm of the Year (2018, 2019)
- International Tax Review, North America Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year (2017, 2018, 2019)
- International Tax Review, Americas Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year (2019)
- International Tax Review, Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- CPA Practice Advisor, 40 Under 40 and 20 Under 40 Recognition Award (2017, 2019)
- CPA Practice Advisor, Most Powerful Women in Accounting (2019)
- ACQ5 Award (2019)
- Acquisition International, Accounting, Audit & Tax Awards (2017)
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2020 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization"). DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms and related entities are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate or bind each other in respect of third parties. DTTL and each DTTL member firm and related entity is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser.
No representations, warranties or undertakings (express or implied) are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this communication, and none of DTTL, its member firms, related entities, employees or agents shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly in connection with any person relying on this communication. DTTL and each of its member firms, and their related entities, are legally separate and independent entities.
© 2020. For information, contact Deloitte Global.