Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) – Deloitte Middle East (DME) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926.
DME is among the region's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through 26 offices in 15 countries with around 3,000 partners, directors and staff. It is a Tier 1 Tax adviser in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) region since 2010 according to the International Tax Review World Tax rankings.
As part of DME's commitment to supporting its clients with tax services in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, the Deloitte Middle East firm launched an International Tax Center of Excellence in the UAE in 2008. The Center offers our Middle East-headquartered clients as well as investors in the region a full suite of services that includes structuring groups with inbound and outbound investments within the MENA region. Some of these services include;
- Market entry – advising clients on the tax aspects of expanding into the MENA region;
- Tax structuring – determination of tax-efficient holding company structures for the management of international operations;
- Cross-border advisory – withholding tax, permanent establishment, double tax treaty analysis;
- Transfer pricing – developing sustainable transfer pricing strategies, business model optimization and documentation services;
- Tax policy/governance – assisting businesses with designing appropriate tax policies and governance procedures to manage their tax footprint across multiple jurisdictions; and
- Customs and global trade; advising on customs laws and practice in the region.
In addition to the above, the firm also have a dedicated tax desk for African and a number of individuals who focus on inbound queries from the Korean, China and Japanese markets.
DME is innovative because it offers clients a broad range of fully integrated tax and technology services. DME's approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with business and industry knowledge to help regional companies excel globally.
DME practitioners work with businesses to design and implement operational processes, technologies, and resource models to improve value-added activities in process redesign, software implementation and enhancement, tax-sensitized technologies, and change management.
Given the very challenging timeframe between the release of the national legislation and the go-live date for VAT, businesses were under significant pressure to undertake as much groundwork as possible without visibility of the law. This later created challenges around validation of assumptions, especially with regards to IT systems design which has emphasized the need for several tax technology offerings such as:
1) Highlighting the risk on supply chain process flow on custom and VAT, DME has launched Global Trade Radar, which is an innovative approach that produces a multijurisdictional import profile summary and identifies compliance risks, all in one place.
2) PxS is an automated VAT solution that can be integrated to the VAT Return preparation, reporting, analysis and modelling processes for partly exempt businesses. It especially assists the business in the modelling of Partial Exemption Special Methods or business changes (e.g., acquisitions), allowing allocations, sectors and recovery methods to be easily adjusted, and analysis of the impact to the VAT position.
Moreover, DME has a number of technology and analytic tools for risk assessment, modeling, economic analysis, and CbC reporting. For documentation, DME uses TP Digital DoX that applies a globally consistent approach using the same technology in all countries. The TP Digital DoX platform provides visibility and control over TP ecosystems. It can help assess risk exposure and reduce the cost of compliance by increasing automation and e?ciency.
For Country-by-Country (CbC) reporting, DME o?ers two primary technology tools for providing assistance with CbC reporting, namely CbC Digital Exchange ("CDX") and CbC Insite Smart. These tools help organizations visualize and evaluate the impact of CbC reporting requirements and delivers ?exible CbC data analytics respectively.
Our key service offerings include:
- International tax
- Mergers and Acquisitions Tax
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Corporate and Business Tax
- Business Process Solutions
- Indirect tax (Value Added Tax (VAT), Customs and Excise)
- Global Employer Services
- Transfer pricing
- Family enterprise consulting
Large and key players in the following sectors:
- Aviation sector
- Oil and Gas sector
- Renewable energies
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG)
- Financial services
- Large family businesses
- Real Estate sector
- E-commerce/TMT sectors
DME is a Tier 1 Tax adviser in the GCC region since 2010 according to the International Tax Review World Tax rankings.
Deloitte in Middle East includes offices in 14 countries, with 425 client service professionals.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.