Deloitte's network of member firms in Latin America and the Caribbean allows us to deploy the right local and regional teams quickly. Our Latin America and Caribbean tax teams consist of over 4,700 professionals with offices in 80 locations through a network of member firms. Tax & Legal teams are present across the globe to deliver services locally, while coordinating engagements regionally or globally from a central location.
Deloitte in Latin America and the Caribbean also draws on the capabilities and strengths of Deloitte's other businesses–Audit & Assurance, Consulting, and Risk & Financial Advisory–to deliver broad-scale tax-aligned business solutions.
This region has been developing a cross-border, central governance model and network of virtual and physical centers aligned with our global platforms, offering a broad scope of integrated services including tax compliance for direct and indirect taxes, tax provision, statutory accounting, tax advisory services including international tax, global customs and trade advisory, and transfer pricing.
In Latin America and the Caribbean, the services provided to clients can be extended with adjacent offerings, including but not limited to, finance, accounting, and payroll outsourcing. When combined with the network's tax compliance capabilities, these services enable us to create synergies for our clients across the entire record-to-report spectrum.
Our ability to work with Deloitte's Consulting, Advisory, and Audit & Assurance practices in the region enables us to help clients navigate through challenging business and tax issues with confidence.
Deloitte in Latin America and the Caribbean is investing heavily in tax technology and analytics capabilities as well as our alignment with the broader organization's global platforms. We offer effective, flexible tools that help clients comply with rules such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Common Reporting Standard, local country tax compliance–including meeting local electronic books and records requirements–and consistent advisory and compliance services such as transfer pricing on both a regional and global basis.
Deloitte's network of member firms in Latin America and the Caribbean is also helping our clients operating in the Latin American and Caribbean region refine and update their tax procedures and compliance and reporting systems. We are working with clients to assess their tax teams, current processes, and technologies to respond to the changing demands of e-filing, e-invoicing, and e-audits in the region, as local tax authorities continue to leverage technology in their collection and administrative efforts.
Our business offerings include:
- Business Tax (Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Controversy; Tax Implications of Business Change; Business, High Net Worth, and International Tax Consulting)
- Business Process Solutions
- Global Employer Services
- Global Investments and Innovation Incentives
- Indirect Tax
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Management Consulting
- Transfer Pricing
- Deloitte Legal (in applicable countries)
- Three-year global compliance and transfer pricing documentation engagement for a large insurance client with 50 countries in scope of which several are in Latin America and the Caribbean, including Argentina, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, and Uruguay
- Tax Technology Consulting (within Tax Management Consulting) engagement to support the SAP S4HANA Tax engine for an information technology company through collaboration with Deloitte Consulting and the broader regional network including Brazil, Mexico, and the US
- Compliance reporting engagement with a large pharmaceutical client to provide services over three years related to corporate income tax, VAT, and withholding tax with five Latin American countries in scope including Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and Mexico
- Tax transformation engagement through Tax Technology Consulting to assist an airline company with overhauling its tax planning, which involves our broader regional network including Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, and the US
- Four-year Global Employer Services engagement for a global life sciences client, covering services in 61 countries of which 13 are in Latin America (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela, and Uruguay), as well as the US and Canada
Euromoney Expert/Leader guides: 67 leaders across the region were recognized for their individual abilities, as well as their in-depth capabilities, experience, and specialist knowledge of our network collectively:
- 19 in 2017 Guide to the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Advisers
- 8 in International Tax Review (ITR) Indirect Tax Leaders Guide 2017
- 20 in ITR Tax Controversy Leaders Guide 2017
- 20 in ITR Women in Tax Leaders Guide 2017
2017 ITR Americas Tax Awards
- Regional Awards: Americas Tax Innovator Award (second consecutive year), Americas Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year (third consecutive year), and Americas Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- National Tax Firms of the Year: Deloitte Mexico and Deloitte Venezuela
- National Transfer Pricing Firms of the Year: Deloitte Colombia, Deloitte Mexico, and Deloitte Peru
2017 ITR World Tax & World Transfer Pricing
- World Tax: 6 countries awarded tier 1 (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia) or tier 2 ratings (Chile, Mexico, Uruguay)
- World Transfer Pricing: 7 countries ranked tier 1 (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela) and Uruguay ranked tier 2.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.