Paseo de la Reforma 505, Colonia Cuauhtémoc
Ciudad de México CP 06500
Tel: +52 (55) 5080 6000
Number of professionals: 5,730
Our broad network allows us to deploy the right local and regional teams quickly. The Latin America and Caribbean tax teams consist of over 5,730 professionalsbacked by approximately 115,000 and 264,000 regional and global professionals, respectively, across all businesses. Regional Deloitte Tax & Legal teams are present across the globe to deliver services locally, while coordinating engagements from a central location. In addition, Deloitte capabilities and strengths of all businesses – Audit & Assurance, Consulting, and Risk & Financial Advisory – deliver broad-scale tax aligned business solutions.
Tax and Legal services in the region have consistently grown over the years, triggered by the largest economies – Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina and Central America. Corporate business tax remains the dominant service in the region followed by Tax Compliance & Reporting, Transfer Pricing, Indirect Taxes, Legal services and Employer services.
Deloitte is heavily investing in tax technology and analytics capabilities as well as our alignment with the broader firm's global platforms. The practice offers highly effective, flexible tools that help clients comply with rules such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, Common Reporting Standard, Local Country tax compliance including meeting local electronic books and records requirements, and consistent advisory and compliance services such as transfer pricing on both regional and global basis.
Present in Latin American and Caribbean helping clients refine and update their tax procedures and compliance & reporting systems. Deloitte is working with them to assess their tax teams, current processes, and technologies to respond to the changing demands of electronic filing, e-invoicing, and e-audits in the region, as local tax authorities continue to leverage technology in their collection and administrative efforts.
Latin America and the Caribbean are emerging markets where Deloitte is well-positioned as a leader in the largest metropolitan areas. Size and scale in each location supports both, global and local market growth. The firm´s largest tax and legal practices in the Latin America/Caribbean region include Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, and Mexico. Market presence further reaches across the region with strong practices in Aruba, the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, the Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Maarten, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela, and the Virgin Islands (British & US).
Our key service offerings
- Business Tax (Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Controversy; Tax Implications of Business Change; Business, High Net Worth, and International Tax Consulting)
- Business Process Solutions
- Global Employer Services
- Global Investments and Innovation Incentives
- Indirect Tax (including Global Trade Advisory)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Management Consulting
- Transfer Pricing
- Deloitte Legal
- Three-year global compliance and transfer pricing documentation engagement for a Latin America's leading flat steel producer, with operations in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, the southern United States and Central America through regional manufacturing facilities, service centers and distribution networks. The proposal includes preparing the transfer pricing documentation for 29 legal entities distributed in 11 countries
- Payroll process automation solution through robotics technology for more than 100 clients that reduces processing time, increases time for analysis and approval, helps deliver deadlines and most importantly, completes payroll taxes calculations to meet compliance obligations
- Tax Technology Consulting (within Tax Management Consulting) engagement to support the S4 HANA Tax engine for a company through collaboration with Deloitte Consulting and the broader regional network including Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, and the US
- Compliance reporting engagement with a large manufacturing client to provide services over five years related to Indirect Tax VAT, and withholding tax with thirteen Latin America countries in scope including Argentina, Guatemala , Colombia, Peru, Honduras, Venezuela, Uruguay, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Chile and Mexico plus Canada
- Two-Year regional Engagement for Expatriate Tax Assistance to support a Large Consulting Company in designing a Policy and implementation of technology for trailing mobile employees through collaboration with Immigration team and the broader regional network in Latin America including: Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala and Mexico.
- Americas Transfer Pricing, Tax Technology and Tax Compliance & Reporting firm of the year
- Colombia, Peru and Central America Transfer Pricing firm of the year (ITR)
- Venezuela Tax firm of the year (ITR)
- Americas Transfer Pricing, Tax Technology and Indirect Tax firm of the year
- Mexico, Argentina, Peru and Central America Transfer Pricing firm of the year
- Atilio Cataldo [Argentina]
- Ricardo Gonzalez Orta (LATAM)
- Hugo Hurtado (Chile)
- Diego Franco (Colombia)
- Joao Gumiero (Brazil)
- Jorge Sánchez Hernández (México)
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2020 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization"). DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms and related entities are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate or bind each other in respect of third parties. DTTL and each DTTL member firm and related entity is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser.
No representations, warranties or undertakings (express or implied) are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this communication, and none of DTTL, its member firms, related entities, employees or agents shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly in connection with any person relying on this communication. DTTL and each of its member firms, and their related entities, are legally separate and independent entities.
© 2020. For information, contact Deloitte Global.