Globalisation and dematerialisation have deeply transformed companies' economic and regulatory environment. Boundaries have faded while tax and legal nationalisms have increased: the value chain has gone global while regulatory tools have remained local. In an environment where economy and regulations are constantly confronted, Deloitte in Europe advises its clients in building tax and legal governances, enabling them to sustainably improve their competitiveness.
Deloitte in Europe believes that taxation and law are essential to companies' senior management. These factors are at the heart of their decision-making and impact the success or failure of many of their key operational decisions. This is why Deloitte in Europe advises its clients over the long-term helping them to understand these complex tax and legal rules and support them in their business development.
All of the above practices can be delivered seamlessly across the region and close to where our clients are doing business. Deloitte in Europe's comprehensive and balanced geographical coverage makes it possible to mobilise the best resources right where our clients operate. As a firm Deloitte in Europe has the ability to select teams that are well-versed in the diversity and complexity inherent in international groups.
Deloitte in Europe is innovative because it has invested significantly in technological tools and resources in all aspects of tax and legal services. If clients need automation, robotics or data analytics, Deloitte in Europe can provide a range of solutions to match the reality and complexity of the fast-changing environment of business. Deloitte also invests in the very best talent available in the market and develops that talent to produce technology tools and resources that permeate all aspects of the tax and legal world. Centers of Excellence in Belgium and Central Europe also support local teams in delivering global engagements – in particular in tax compliance – with consistent quality and reliability.
Deloitte member firms in Europe's key service offerings include:
Deloitte member firms in Europe's services span the full spectrum of solutions for clients including:
- Business Tax, including business and international tax consulting, tax compliance and reporting, tax controversy and analysis of tax implications of business changes;
- Mergers & Acquisitions, including due diligences, transaction execution, tax structuring and post-merger integration;
- Indirect Tax, including Global Trade Advisory, VAT and GST consulting, compliance and reporting;
- Transfer Pricing, including TP risk assessment, debt pricing, intellectual property, advance pricing agreements and mutual agreement procedures, tax authority disputes, country-by-country reporting and TP documentation;
- Global Employer Services, including Global Mobility compensation and tax, Immigration, Reward & Share Plans;
- Global Investments and Innovation Incentives, including R&D and IP tax incentives, and other government grants and incentives;
- Business Process Solutions, including bookkeeping, financial reporting and controlling, accounts payable and receivables processing, ERP system design and implementation, payroll management, tax filings, etcetera;
- Tax Management Consulting, including tax technology consulting, tax function strategy and operations consulting; and
- Legal, including Commercial Law, Corporate M&A, Employment & Benefits, and Legal Management consulting.
- Indirect Tax and Business Tax services for a global biopharmaceuticals company.
- Transfer pricing and Indirect tax services provided to an aviation, marine, and ground transportation fuel manufacturer.
- Tax Management Consulting and Indirect Tax services for a renowned e-commerce company.
- Indirect Tax and legal services provided to a global fast food chain.
- Transfer Pricing and Indirect Tax project for a global publishing company.
- 2016-2018 – Awarded the European Tax Firm of the Year award consecutively at the ITR European awards.
- 2018 – Awarded 14 national and country awards at the ITR European Tax Awards.
- 2017- Awarded 24 awards at the ITR European Tax Awards 2017, including European Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year, and the European Tax Compliance and Reporting Firm of the Year.
- 301 leaders from EMEA region listed in Indirect Tax, Tax Controversy and Women in Tax Leader guides published by Euromoney in 2017.
- 82 European leaders listed in 2016 Tax Advisers guide published by Euromoney.
- Deloitte in Europe ranked tier 1 in 26 jurisdictions in 2018 World Tax awards.
Deloitte in Europe includes offices in more than 50 jurisdictions, with 15,200 client service professionals.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.