Clients choose Deloitte Canada, as the number one market leader in Canada, not only for the depth of knowledge we provide across a broad range of services, but as a result of our reputation.
Deloitte Canada offers public and private clients a broad range of fully integrated services that span tax, assurance and advisory, risk management, financial advisory and consulting. Deloitte Canada's 9,395 talented people, including 911 partners, in 58 locations throughout Canada, serve clients across numerous industries. Our Canadian practice reported US$2.155 billion in revenue in the fiscal year 2017.
Deloitte professionals advise companies on a broad range of inbound and outbound tax issues, including structuring initial overseas investments, financing international operations, cross-border transactions, management of the global effective tax rate and business restructuring. Additional services include:
- International tax services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Transfer pricing
- US corporate tax services
- Government investments and innovative incentives (Gi3)
- Global Employer Services
- Indirect tax
Innovation is not an initiative or a program. Innovation is a mindset and embedded in the DNA of our business. It's up to all of us to make it happen. At Deloitte Canada, we leverage the newest exponential technologies and programs to help our clients compete in an innovative environment.
We encourage our tax professionals to identify ideas that provide value to our clients, while ensuring that such ideas are consistent with the client's business and operations. We bring a fresh set of eyes to identify tax solutions that will enhance a client's overall tax position.
Why Choose Deloitte Canada?
Clients choose Deloitte Canada for the following: depth of knowledge we provide across a broad range of services, our brand & reputation, our deliberately differentiated approach to client service, thought leadership and client centric perspectives.
Many factors differentiate Deloitte Canada in the marketplace, including:
- Our commitment to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our work and culture.
- Our commitment to provide national content in French and English.
- Our commitment to innovation.
- We have some of the best and brightest tax professionals in the country working at our firm.
- We can customize value-added services depending on the needs of a client.
- We invite our clients to participate in a network of various relationships that we have grown through our various eminence programs.
- Deloitte University North (DU North) opened in Toronto, Ontario in October 2016.
- We focus on industry and staff our engagements with tax professionals suited to the engagement.
- We provide a full range of globally integrated tax services.
- Deloitte Canada values integrity, a commitment to one another, corporate responsibility and strength from cultural diversity.
- Deloitte's Annual Strategic Tax Conference.
Our key service offerings include:
Deloitte Canada is one of the largest tax practices in the global network of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, after the United States and the United Kingdom tax practices. The tax service offerings include:
- Business Tax Services – Corporate and Private
- Deloitte Tax Law
- Global Employment Services
- Global Investment and Innovation Incentives
- Immigration/Guberman Garson Immigration Law, allied with Deloitte as an immigration law firm.
- Indirect Tax
- International Tax
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Management Consulting
- Transfer Pricing
- US Tax
- A substantial tax data analytics work, and satisfying various tax authorities reduced tax assessments for our client in the industry of consumer products.
- Advised international blockchain technology companies on transfer pricing matters.
- Transfer Pricing Policy Risk Assessment based on Value Chain Analysis for an international hospitality company.
- World Tax 2017 awarded Deloitte Canada was as a tier one rated firm (Source: International Tax Review)
- Women in Tax 2017 – 209 Deloitte professionals globally were recognized, making Deloitte a leader for three consecutive editions. This includes 11 women from Deloitte Canada (Source: International Tax Review)
- Tax Controversy Leaders 2017 recognized 190 Deloitte professionals (Source: International Tax Review)
- 2017 Indirect Tax Leaders Guide recognized 166 Deloitte specialists. For the fifth consecutive year, Deloitte continues to be a leader in Indirect Tax. (Source: International Tax Review)
- 2017 Guide to the World's Leading Transfer Pricing Advisers recognized 144 Deloitte professionals. (Source: Euromoney)
- The Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers, named Partners Albert Baker (Toronto) and Rob O'Connor (Toronto) as leading advisors. (Source: Euromoney)
- Five partners in Deloitte Canada's allied law firm Guberman Garson LLP were recognized by Who's Who Legal Canada in 2017, as the "Most Highly Regarded Individuals" in Canada.
- Guberman Garson LLP was recognized as one of Canada's Top 5 Immigration Law Boutiques by Canadian Lawyer Magazine.
- Partners in Guberman Garson LLP were recognized by their peers in Best Lawyers in Canada.
- Deloitte was recognized with 3 regional Awards in International Tax Review's Americas Tax Awards in 2017 including: Americas Tax Compliance & Reporting Firm of the Year, Americas Tax Innovator Award and Americas Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
Deloitte in Canada includes offices in 58 locations, with 9,395 talented people; includes 911 partners.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.