With over 8,000 tax and legal partners and professionals in Asia Pacific, Deloitte member firms' Tax & Legal teams are dispersed across the region to deliver services to clients globally, regionally, and locally. Our clients have access to our teams of tax professionals who have a deep understanding of client issues and the environments in which they operate. Deloitte in Asia Pacific helps our clients navigate the unprecedented changes in the tax landscape in this region, ensuring effective tax risk management for their businesses.
We have invested heavily and adopted methodologies and technology tools to help clients manage their Tax function for tomorrow. Our global and regional delivery centers are designed to achieve efficiency, consistency and quality in service delivery, and our Centers of Excellence enable our clients' timely access of cross-border specialized expertise as we help them address competing priorities and uncertainties globally.
Deloitte has invested significantly in regional capabilities to provide our clients a consistent global experience and high quality service across Asia Pacific:
- The Asia Pacific International Center of Excellence (AP ICE) is based in Hong Kong and provides international tax consulting services to Asia Pacific based companies investing abroad as well as multinational companies investing in Asia Pacific. AP ICE has a large team of senior tax professionals from 14 tax jurisdictions, including Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Russia, South Korea, Singapore, United Kingdom and the United States.
- Asia Pacific Custom Center of Excellence is a virtual team of regional Customs and Trade specialists who advise businesses on cross border trades issues, strategy designed to manage costs and global trade regulatory requirements while leveraging innovative technology-enabled solutions.
- Global Tax Center Asia Pacific in Singapore teams with delivery centers in Europe, America and Africa to deliver large global and regional multi-jurisdictions tax compliance, statutory reporting and tax management consulting projects for Asia headquartered companies as well as global MNCs operating in Asia Pacific.
- Global Transfer Pricing Centre in India (GTPC) is a leading center of transfer pricing excellence providing subject matter expertise in global documentation, intellectual property, financial transactions, valuation models, cost sharing analysis, and economic research. The GTPC augments our transfer pricing professionals across the region to provide quality advice and achieve operational efficiency for our clients.
- A group of professionals in our Country Services Groups for China, Japan and Korea are deployed to a number of key investment destinations to support our clients investing and operating overseas by providing them with culturally aligned resources on the ground and timely services.
In Asia Pacific we have made innovation in Tax and Legal our priority, to help our clients manage their Tax function of tomorrow, and accelerate growth of our professionals. We have invested in digitization and disruptive technologies. We help clients stay up-to-date on the latest innovations and know when the time is right for their organizations to embrace particular advancements.
We recognize there are 3 key and direct buyers of Tax & Legal services and solutions. They are the Head of Tax, Head of Mobility, and General Counsel.
Deloitte assists these 3 types of leaders in 3 distinct ways by helping them to address:
- Tax & Legal implications of business change
- Value through efficient cost and risk management
- Compliance and reporting responsibilities
Our key service offerings include:
Corporate Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Controversy; Business, High Net Worth Individuals Consulting; International Tax Consulting; Tax Implications of Business Changes
Transfer Pricing (TP):
TP Documentation and Reporting; TP Controversy; TP Consulting
Mergers and Acquisitions:
Tax Due Diligence, Transaction Tax Structuring; Tax Transaction Execution; Post-Merger Integration
Global Investments and Innovation Incentives:
Government Grants and Incentives; Research & Development and IP Tax; Incentives Controversy
Tax Management Consulting:
Global Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Function Strategy and Operations Consulting; Tax Technology Consulting
Business Process Solutions:
Tax Compliance and Reporting; HR and Payroll processing; Financial Accounting and Operations; Business Process Technology
VAT and GST Consulting, Compliance, Reporting, Automation Global Trade Advisory
Global Employer Services:
Global Mobility Compensation and Tax; Reward, Employment Tax and Share Plans; Immigration; Mobility Advisory, Technology and Analytics
Deloitte Legal (in applicable countries):
Employment and Benefits Law; Commercial Law; Legal Management Consulting; Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Global mobility and immigration advisory projects for a leading technology company and a leading social media company operating in over 15 geographies in Asia Pacific.
- Global immigration advisory project for a large mining company deploying employees to over 25 countries.
- Strategic tax review for a large financial services institution operating in 36 countries.
- VAT automation project for a leading manufacturing company operating across six continents.
- Custom advisory for a renowned global retailer operating in over 60 countries.
- Transfer pricing consulting for two leading oil & gas companies with global operations
- Tax restructuring project for a leading consumer product manufacturer with factory plants across Asia, Europe and North America.
- Tax technology consulting and automation project for a Fortune 500 company headquartered in China.
International Tax Review Awards in the last 2 years (2017-2018)
2018 – 14 awards
- Asia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Asia Indirect Tax Firm of the Year
- Asia Tax Technology Firm of the Year
- Tax Firm of the Year: China, Japan, Indonesia, New Zealand, and Taiwan
- Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year India, Indonesia, New Zealand, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand
- Tax Disputes & Litigation Firm of the Year: Taiwan and Vietnam
2017 – 12 awards
- Asia Transfer Pricing Firm of the Year
- Asia Indirect Tax Firm of the Year
- Tax Firm of the Year: China, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam
- Transfer Pricing Firms of the Year: Australia, Indonesia, Japan, New Zealand, and Taiwan
- Disputes & Litigation Firms of the Year: Cambodia
Deloitte in Asia Pacific includes offices in more than 120 cities in over 20 countries, with over 600 partners and 8,000 client service professionals.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2018 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte's approximately 264,000 people make an impact that matters at www.deloitte.com.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte network") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser. No entity in the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited.