Deloitte Asia Pacific Regional Profile
35/F, One Pacific Place, Admiralty, Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2852 6600
Offices: Offices in more than 120 cities in over 20 countries in the Asia Pacific Region
Number of professionals: 672 partners and over 10,000 client service professionals
Deloitte Asia Pacific brings together our tax and legal professionals to provide a seamless and one-stop-shop client experience across geographical boundaries and offer them one door to the future. Whether they are the Head of Tax, Head of Mobility, General Counsel, CFO, or others, we assist our clients to navigate through uncertainties, connect for impact and make confident decisions.
We are the only fully integrated firm in AP including all major markets (Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, South East Asia, Korea and Taiwan. To our clients, this means ease of access to an increased number of professionals and opportunities regardless of where they are located.
Deloitte AP leads the region in providing a full spectrum of tax services that extends beyond traditional tax services and includes legal services, immigration services, tax and finance outsourcing, and tax related technology services.
Of particular importance is the investments we have made around our world class business operations and technology platforms. Our global and regional delivery centers, such as the Asia Pacific International Center of Excellence (AP ICE) and our AP Regional Headquarter Center serves as a one-stop-shop advisory powerhouse for inbound and outbound investors. Global Transfer Pricing Center in India, various compliance centers in south east Asia, China and India, and various Country Services Groups (including China, Japan and Korea), are additional examples of our platforms used to support our clients on their most pressing business needs.
While collaboration has been a theme word that Deloitte AP has been living out in recent years, innovation and digitalization are playing an accord as Deloitte orchestrates its efforts in advancing traditional offerings as well as developing digital capabilities. In recognizing our efforts in innovation, Deloitte has topped the list of "Most Innovative Companies" in various countries across AP and has been appreciated by various alliance stakeholders (SAP, AWS, Salesforce etc.) as "an innovative partner" in recent years.
With collaboration, innovation and digitalization at the core, Deloitte AP has demonstrated its capabilities to provide innovative solutions to complex issues and empower clients to make tax and business decisions with confidence. We make an impact that matters.
With over 10,000 Tax & Legal partners and professionals, Deloitte Tax & Legal teams are dispersed in more than 120 cities of 20+ countries and regions in Asia Pacific.
We operate as one firm across Asia Pacific by combining our practices in Asia Pacific. The power of a single member firm provides simpler access to more resources and with more consistency and quality of services across AP.
Deloitte has always been appreciating its alliance partners to ensure we bring our best capabilities and insights to our clients. This has led Deloitte to view itself as part of an eco-system with partners including Apple, Salesforce, SAP, Alibaba, etc. across AP.
Asia Pacific Tax & Legal, has recorded uninterrupted growth again this year which allows us to continually invest in the future of tax services. This includes investments in delivery platforms, technology and new market offerings.
Innovation is at the core to the growth of our business. Some key examples are as follows:
- We have designed and built a customized client digital platform. Through this digital platform, we communicate with our clients, collect information, manage projects, provide news and insights, and provide data analytics. This platform then synchronizes with many of our tax solutions and provides centralized data management (cloud) and links to direct and indirect tax compliance needs. This platform transforms the traditional interaction into a modern, digitally empowered, relationship that significantly improves efficiency and accuracy.
- Through our alliances (SAP, Alibaba etc.) we have created tax solutions that focused on future ready tax businesses.
- Our legal practice is using technology and digital platforms to revolutionize how law departments prepare contracts, review contracts (AI etc.), track filings, store data, and undertake due diligence (automated contract review).
- Our automation tax tools allow for robotic processing (RPA) of indirect tax returns and direct links to tax authorities saving thousands of man hours and human errors.
- Our Bridge your GAAP and other tools allow for automatic preparation of statutory financial statements from diverse financial databases and multiple business codes as required for tax filing purposes.
We have also been innovative in how we identified unique client needs. Some examples are:
- Created the Regional Head Quarters program that provides AP regional tax advice to large AP inbound MNC's.
- Merged traditional expatriate tax services with immigration services on a large scale.
- Created our own offshore and onshore delivery centers that focus on the efficient and high-quality delivery of recurring tax processes.
Amongst other things we are unique in that we provide:
- Immigration services
- Legal services
- Tax technology consulting services
- Finance, tax and payroll outsourcing services
Our key service offerings
Our key service offerings include:
Corporate Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Controversy; Business Tax, High Net Worth Individuals Consulting; International Tax Consulting; Tax Implications of Business Changes
Transfer Pricing (TP):
TP Documentation and Reporting; TP Controversy; TP Consulting
Mergers and Acquisitions:
Tax Due Diligence, Transaction Tax Structuring; Tax Transaction Execution; Post-Merger Integration
Global Investments and Innovation Incentives:
Government Grants and Incentives; Research & Development and IP Tax; Incentives Controversy
Tax Management Consulting:
Global Tax Compliance and Reporting; Tax Function Strategy and Operations Consulting; Tax Technology Consulting
Business Process Solutions:
Tax Compliance and Reporting; HR and Payroll processing; Financial Accounting and Operations; Business Process Technology
VAT and GST Consulting, Compliance, Reporting, Automation Global Trade Advisory
Global Employer Services:
Global Mobility Compensation and Tax; Reward, Employment Tax and Share Plans; Immigration; Mobility Advisory, Technology and Analytics
Employment and Benefits Law; Commercial Law; Legal Management Consulting; Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Due to client confidentiality we cannot disclose specific wins.
2019 International Tax Review Awards – 10 awards:
- Regional Impact Cases of the Year: Indonesia, Malaysia
- National Tax Firms of the Year: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore
- Transfer Pricing Firms of the Year: India, Indonesia, Thailand
- National Tax Litigation & Disputes Firms of the Year: Taiwan, Thailand
The M&A Deal of 2019 by the M&A Advisor
The Legal 500
Top rankings and recommendations to Deloitte Legal practices in Australia, Cambodia, China, Thailand & Singapore.
This document has been prepared solely for the purpose of publishing in the 2020 Guide to the World's Leading Tax Advisers and may not be used for any other purpose. This document and its contents may not be reproduced, redistributed or passed on, directly or indirectly, to any other person in whole or in part without Deloitte's prior written consent.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization"). DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") and each of its member firms and related entities are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate or bind each other in respect of third parties. DTTL and each DTTL member firm and related entity is liable only for its own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. DTTL does not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more.
This communication contains general information only, and none of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited ("DTTL"), its global network of member firms or their related entities (collectively, the "Deloitte organization") is, by means of this communication, rendering professional advice or services. Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your finances or your business, you should consult a qualified professional adviser.
No representations, warranties or undertakings (express or implied) are given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information in this communication, and none of DTTL, its member firms, related entities, employees or agents shall be liable or responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly in connection with any person relying on this communication. DTTL and each of its member firms, and their related entities, are legally separate and independent entities.
© 2020. For information, contact Deloitte Global.